Ferentz's Emphasis on the ISU Game

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Trying to find a comparable team in regards to how irrelevant Indiana football is. Baylor probably wasn't a good choice as they have had a bunch of success the last decade. Tech or Kansas are probably the 2 closest in the Big 12.
Indiana has been in the top five a few times in the last 10-15 years?

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Cling, scratch, claw - doing whatever your fanbase needs to do to hang onto relevancy.
really? you need a reality check. Last two seasons finished ranked 15th and 16th and are around 14-15 preseason for this year. If that's irrelevant then your football program may as well not have existed until last year. Try acting like you've been there before.....even if you haven't.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
really? you need a reality check. Last two seasons finished ranked 15th and 16th and are around 14-15 preseason for this year. If that's irrelevant then your football program may as well not have existed until last year. Try acting like you've been there before.....even if you haven't.
The funny thing is you guys care more about Iowa State finishing 9th than you do Iowa finishing 16th

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
The funny thing is you guys care more about Iowa State finishing 9th than you do Iowa finishing 16th

If Iowa is so relevant, why are they swarming this site explaining to us that Iowa is still relevant?

The most news about the Iowa Football program in the last year occurred last June/July.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If Iowa is so relevant, why are they swarming this site explaining to us that Iowa is still relevant?

The most news about the Iowa Football program in the last year occurred last June/July.
They can't stand being the second best program in the state right now

Mark my words: last June will matter all of a sudden to Iowa fans if Kirk struggles this year

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
You guys are all salty because we were better than you last year so yeah it really is

I expected some angst from hok fan this summer but not this way. I expected them to point to the start of their season. If they can beat Indiana and us, they are easily a Top 10 team and they will be the story. I expected them to be supremely confident in doing that and for us to just get a bunch of 'Oh, we'll see'.

I am not hearing bunch of that. Surely they haven't lost their swagger?!

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
not really

I remember in 2011 we beat both you and #2 Okie State. Do you know which win rubbed the Hawk fans(who I know)the worst? Beating Okie State. They could always flush the loss to us as our super bowl and being the biggest game(win)of every season. Not after Okie State. The illusion of beating Iowa as the pinnacle of success every program(not just ISU) wants to achieve was no longer reality and after a decade, even though CMC has yet to beat Iowa......doing it is almost afterthought once you get a taste of conference success. I guess since we are in the Natty conversation, yeah....beating Iowa is vital.....like every game when that's the goal. But we didn't get to this position by just beating you. In fact like I just said.........CMC has never beat Iowa. Yet here we are......the talk of the country. Sorry.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
I remember in 2011 we beat both you and #2 Okie State. Do you know which win rubbed the Hawk fans(who I know)the worst? Beating Okie State. They could always flush the loss to us as our super bowl and being the biggest game(win)of every season. Not after Okie State. The illusion of beating Iowa as the pinnacle of success every program(not just ISU) wants to achieve was no longer reality and after a decade, even though CMC has yet to beat Iowa......doing it is almost afterthought once you get a taste of conference success. I guess since we are in the Natty conversation, yeah....beating Iowa is vital.....like every game when that's the goal. But we didn't get to this position by just beating you. In fact like I just said.........CMC has never beat Iowa. Yet here we are......the talk of the country. Sorry.

Oh Oh, brace - that is going to trigger......

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I remember in 2011 we beat both you and #2 Okie State. Do you know which win rubbed the Hawk fans(who I know)the worst? Beating Okie State. They could always flush the loss to us as our super bowl and being the biggest game(win)of every season. Not after Okie State. The illusion of beating Iowa as the pinnacle of success every program(not just ISU) wants to achieve was no longer reality and after a decade, even though CMC has yet to beat Iowa......doing it is almost afterthought once you get a taste of conference success. I guess since we are in the Natty conversation, yeah....beating Iowa is vital.....like every game when that's the goal. But we didn't get to this position by just beating you. In fact like I just said.........CMC has never beat Iowa. Yet here we are......the talk of the county. Sorry.
fify

• Winner
Reactions: IAHawkeyes