Final Record Prediction

What will or final regular season record be this year?

• 11-1 and an unlikely trip back to Dallas (LOL - for the sunshine pumpers)

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • 10-2 lose the OU game, but somehow beat everyone else (sure...)

Votes: 23 5.8%
  • 9-3 everything goes

Votes: 92 23.0%
  • 8-4 we win in the margins

Votes: 139 34.8%
  • 7-5 where I'm at today

Votes: 87 21.8%
  • 6-6 Rhoads special

Votes: 35 8.8%
  • 5-7 prelude to next year's pain

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • 4-8 all defense, Iowa game offense rest of the year

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • 3 wins or less - Heacock tired of this **** and sits back to watch it burn

Votes: 5 1.3%

• Total voters

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
5-7

We’ve been close games away, if not plays away, from 4 wins to 11 wins the past few years. Nothing about the first two games indicates that will be different, but our execution extremely poor has me thinking it’ll bounce to the low side

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
To me, 9-3 is best case at this point with losses to OU and someone else on the road (WV or K-State most likely). Could see us losing both of those. Doubt we end up worse than 7-5 and even after yesterday we should win the next 3 to get to 4-1 heading to Manhattan. I struggle to see us only losing 1 more even with how great the D is because the offensive and ST issues are more systemic than fluky. Hoping the team proves me wrong.
SYSTEMIC you say ...Let me tell you ....Your right on the money my friend, this system just is not working in the early season and esp against our instate rival!!

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The only thing that makes this seem possible is that Iowa State having that ridiculously good of a season and OF COURSE the football gods (who eternally loathe us) will have our one loss in a year that good is against ******* Iowa….

They finally get revenge for 2002.

Which is kind of funny looking back at that game. They had something like 3 turnovers in that second half, and whiffed on a kickoff that led to the safety.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
The only thing that makes this seem possible is that Iowa State having that ridiculously good of a season and OF COURSE the football gods (who eternally loathe us) will have our one loss in a year that good is against ******* Iowa….
I will gladly take it! Just like we did to them back in '02. However, back then it was only top-2, but if we somehow ran the table the rest of the way with our lone loss to what is likely going to end up being a top-10 or 12 Iowa team with TWO wins over OU...yeah the Cyclones would find their way in most likely at the #4 spot.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
No they won't...Iowa had every opportunity and then some to score numerous offensive touchdowns yesterday and flat out got stood up outside 1 possession...

It isn't like Iowa ran the ball 40 times to just eat clock. They passed the ball a fair amount. The game was 14-10 in the 3rd qtr...it is not like it was 24-3 and Iowa just decided to pack it in offensively..

Iowa had fewer offensive yards than freaking plays in the 2nd half.

Might have something to do with how good Iowa States defense is? Nebraska, Illinois, Maryland, Purdue, Minnesota are not on the same level at all as ISU.

• Agree

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
8-4. Don't see this team beating OU and OSU, and it feels unlikely that we sweep the rest. I don't feel like yesterday's team would have beaten Texas, TCU, or KSU on the road.

Thankfully, September is half over. And for everyone's sake, it should be noted that I predicted a 4 win season last year after the Louisiana loss.

H

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I think the issues are 80% Manning, 10% special teams, and 10% Purdy. Dunn was actually not terrible yesterday for how deep he had to punt from and how little time he had to get the punt off.
As far as Purdy, Manning aNd Campbell have Nerfed him by trying to make him a pocket QB. He always seem better on the move and unpredictable to other defenses. Now he barely runs and only rolls outside the pocket to throw it away.

The staff has been too scared of Purdy getting injured. Hopefully seeing that Dekkers is more than a serviceable backup, allows them to let Purdy be the old Purdy.

kcbob79clone

Right now 4-8 (UNI, UNLV, BU, KU). We do have talent but TBH we've got FCS-level offense & special teams right now. Our defense is elite but until the defense starts scoring we are doomed. And this was the year we were not going to have a slow start and be able to handle expectations.
Can I change my vote to 5-7 with the Skylar Thompson injury?

• Funny

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Originally had 9-3 with losses to Oklahoma, Iowa and Oklahoma State.

Wins: Uni, UNLV, Kansas, Texas tech, West Virginia, Baylor.

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
Is it their 7 point win over Montana State or their 5 point win over Tulsa that has a few of you so afraid of the Cowboys?

Last year we had a few things go our way, this year we could be back to some sort of reality check in close games. I do believe its a heck of a team and they're going to be alright. All this emotional sky is falling crap is making it hard to be on CF right now. I had us at 10-2 or 9-3 this season. Losing to Iowa, I think the 9-3 is more likely. I still believe we are capable of winning the Big12. Campbell's teams get better throughout the season and the Big12 teams haven't shown anything we need to be afraid of.

• Winner

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
As an outside observer I went with 9-3. Your defense is awesome but it's hard to see your offense not costing you another game or two if they don't significantly improve.

The exact same thing could also be said about Iowa.

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
Pre-Iowa I had us at 9-3. Losses were to OU, OSU or KSU and one other in conference. The last two games show KSU style is a problem for us with or without Skyler T. A lot of things have to fall our way to get through conference with three losses. For example last year we got OU early before Rattler had acclimated to college. To do better than 3 losses the offense has to average more than 31 per game to cover an error here and there. No signs of that to date.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I'll go 9-3. Losses to OU and TCU.

Haven't been at all impressed with Okie Lite, that Tulsa team they snuck by took an FCS loss and Montana State isn't as good as UNI is.

West Virginia is really bothered by a physical defense. Feel awful for Skylar Thompson but they aren't the same without him.

Lots of Ws coming up here.

Probably slots into the Alamo Bowl and a very nice matchup.

Reactions: CyBobby

kcbob79clone

Looks like I may have to update my prediction since I had BU as a win. KSU replaces BU so I'm keeping it at 4-8, 6-6 at best until we fix #SpecialTeams we will be #LosingInTheMargins

Right now 4-8 (UNI, UNLV, BU, KU). We do have talent but TBH we've got FCS-level offense & special teams right now. Our defense is elite but until the defense starts scoring we are doomed. And this was the year we were not going to have a slow start and be able to handle expectations.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Pre-Iowa I had us at 9-3. Losses were to OU, OSU or KSU and one other in conference. To do better than 3 losses the offense has to average more than 31 per game to cover an error here and there. No signs of that to date.

well that was painfully prescient.

• Dumb
Reactions: I@ST1

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I chose 8-4, but that's mainly averaging my outlook. Based on season so far, this looks like a 7/5/6-6 team. That’s typical for annual Septemberitis … things will get rolling a little better and we'll reach 9-3 range, 10-2 at a stretch. Will lose to OU (either badly or one of those almost-wins), beat Baylor despite p***ing around most of the game, lose at least one of at West Virginia, at KSU or OSU. Squeak past TCU in finale to clinch at least 3rd in XII.

Bumping my post, mainly to note I was half-right on the bolded part.

I'll stick with most of the rest of it, other than maybe make it "at least 2 of" WV KS OS, instead of "one."

BigDH01

Oct 17, 2011
I'm going to guess we lose 3 more. I'm actually more nervous about Texas than Oklahoma. Texas lost to Arkansas but Arkansas looks legit this year. We get them in Ames though. We lose at least 2 against Oklahoma, KSU, and WVU. Those are all away games.