FINALLLY!!!!........... JT ROCK.........

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Hate Nunge all you want as an ex-Hawkeye.

But his life story is deserving of some sympathy. And he's been great for Xavier.

Yet another guy who transfers out of Iowa City and suddenly gets much better.

One of my favorite moments last season was him and Conditt going up and down the court chirping at each other play after play to the point I think they got a double-T called on them.
He didn't suddenly get alot better, if you watched Iowa during the 2020 season he was an major part of their rotation and one of their best players until he got hurt in late February, their team then struggled without him down the stretch.

Hes alwasy been good, in fact he started for them maybe back in 2018 or 2019 as a freshman. It was always a matter of him staying healthy and he's finally healthy the last couple years.

I dont know where you are getting the idea that all these players got alot better after leaving Iowa either. Moss, Frederick, Touissant are all guys I can think of lately that were either the exact same player or even took a step back after they left.

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
If we're doing current player comparisons for Rock it's Steven Crowl at Wisconsin. Has inside-out skills on offense including good passing. Defensively I would guess Rock will have more blocks but Wisconsin plays positional defense, not dissimilar to us, so that could be why Crowl doesn't block many shots.

Acer88

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 1, 2022
South Dakota
He didn't suddenly get alot better, if you watched Iowa during the 2020 season he was an major part of their rotation and one of their best players until he got hurt in late February, their team then struggled without him down the stretch.

Hes alwasy been good, in fact he started for them maybe back in 2018 or 2019 as a freshman. It was always a matter of him staying healthy and he's finally healthy the last couple years.

I dont know where you are getting the idea that all these players got alot better after leaving Iowa either. Moss, Frederick, Touissant are all guys I can think of lately that were either the exact same player or even took a step back after they left.
Nunge is better utilized now than he ever was in McCaffrey’s ridiculous scheme. He was always a good player, I didn’t say he wasn’t. You’re entitled to your opinion but I don’t see that any of those players took a step back by not playing for Mad Fran any more. He might be putting up big numbers for EIU now, but I can’t see him starting ahead of Patrick or any of the other hok legacy players

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldCy

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

I will accept no facts that are favorable to FranCon.

:p

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Nunge is better utilized now than he ever was in McCaffrey’s ridiculous scheme. He was always a good player, I didn’t say he wasn’t. You’re entitled to your opinion but I don’t see that any of those players took a step back by not playing for Mad Fran any more. He might be putting up big numbers for EIU now, but I can’t see him starting ahead of Patrick or any of the other hok legacy players
Ridiculous scheme? He usually has a Top 10 offense in college basketball. He would have started at the 5 last year if he stayed at Iowa.

Acer88

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 1, 2022
South Dakota
Ridiculous scheme? He usually has a Top 10 offense in college basketball. He would have started at the 5 last year if he stayed at Iowa.
He does not substitute even when there is no chance for the hoks to win. That helps their offensive stats by keeping starters in against the other teams bench. How many times have Mad Fran’s teams made it out of the first round of the tournament? Even with the NPOY? Do you really think Nunge would have got to start ahead of Patrick or got more than about 20 minutes a game over the last two years? That’s not the Mad Fran show that I have seen over his tenure as coach at EIU.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Id be perfectly fine with a Kalkbrenner from Creighton type player with more of a mean streak and a little more of a threat on the offensive end of the floor. That too much to ask? Would not be surprised if Kyle Green developed this kid into an absolute stud!

Last edited:

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
He does not substitute even when there is no chance for the hoks to win. That helps their offensive stats by keeping starters in against the other teams bench. How many times have Mad Fran’s teams made it out of the first round of the tournament? Even with the NPOY? Do you really think Nunge would have got to start ahead of Patrick or got more than about 20 minutes a game over the last two years? That’s not the Mad Fran show that I have seen over his tenure as coach at EIU.
Lol, they never make it out of the first weekend because they don't play defense, has nothing to do with their scheme or how often he subs.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident Nunge would have started every game at the 5 the last 2 years. If he hadn't have left they wouldn't have gotten Rebraca and he has started at the 5 the last 2 years.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
100% happy to have a Nunge type on our team. Every single year. If we had him last year or this year we’re pushing top 5 caliber team.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

I'm sorry but he got a lot better after Iowa. He's probably in a battle with his teammate for Big East POY right now.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

Nunge is kind of like the Murray's. Fran stumbled into a good player. Little to no P6 interest coming out of high school, but got a lot of pt his freshman year and did ok with it. Fran proceeds to slow play him and redshirt him AFTER his freshman year. Then when he comes back he's buried in Frans 11 man rotation. He plays 15 mpg, gets hurt, loses his Dad, and decides playing at Iowa isn't all that great after all.

Reactions: Acer88