Financial Support - C-RTC vs Ath Dept

BillyClone

Mar 20, 2006
Ankeny IA
Can someone explain the difference in providing financial support to the wrestling program via the RTC versus going through the athletic department?

For example, what how exactly does supporting the RTC help the program, rather than making a wrestling-specified donation to the athletic department?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Can someone explain the difference in providing financial support to the wrestling program via the RTC versus going through the athletic department?

For example, what how exactly does supporting the RTC help the program, rather than making a wrestling-specified donation to the athletic department?
Wrestling team has more control of it.

cywr89

May 14, 2009

The RTC pays for post grads to train in Ames with the team, a volunteer coach, travel $ for redshirts to travel, and now can be used for NIL $.

I don’t believe you can donate directly to the wrestling team through ISU. So your $ donated to Cyclone Club will be distributed to all programs which means pennies for wrestling.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020

The CRTC supports elite-level postgraduate resident athletes, i.e. Gadson, Parker, and hopefully Carr in a few years. Also, wrestlers from high school have come to train and be coached by our staff, which raises the skill level of those young athletes and serves as a recruiting tool for the team.

Although it didn't help with Ayala or Riggins.

But it was a blessing with Riggins because we traded up with Gaitan.

Last edited:

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
If you want to support wrestling support the CRTC. If you notice KD sends out information on donating to the CRTC. I've never seen him pump the ISU AD. The organization is perfectly placed for current NIL rules. More money into the CRTC will make this team more competitive, period.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

If you want to help the wrestling program, give your dough to the RTC. They work magic with it.

wrestlingmom

Jan 10, 2018

Great Question! I would be happy to chat if anyone has more questions! We appreciate the interest and support! Email me at [email protected].