"Finding the next Franklin"

Karltonk1

May 13, 2010
"Finding the next Franklin"
There has been little mention of this recruit because his true abilities may not be known. Arriving in the fall is Devin Lemke from Iowa Falls, Iowa. The offense his high school ran was run oriented. (Limited from the lack of a passing quarterback.) A true freshman, 220lbs, 6’4â€￾, state track star and state wrestler. ISU didn’t post his 40 time. Just know it was low. Just as Shontrelle Johnson added spark to a predictable offense, so could a speedster at tight-end. Wouldn’t it be nice to force safeties back 20 yards and give the running backs some space in the box? Linebackers won’t be able to cover him. He won’t be starting day one, but I hope to see him on the field this year. He could easily be a star in the making.

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
Hope springs eternal....... that's why we're Cyclone Fans.................

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
A true freshman tight end getting meaningful playing time? Doubt it.

Expect a combo of Hammer/Howard in the fall with maybe Lemke in 2012.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
How about the Juco TE coming this summer? I'd like to see Pierce but I'm assuming it will be the Hammer. Personally I want us to start using the WRs more. Have our TE be maybe the third leading receiver instead of the leading receiver.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
How about the Juco TE coming this summer? I'd like to see Pierce but I'm assuming it will be the Hammer. Personally I want us to start using the WRs more. Have our TE be maybe the third leading receiver instead of the leading receiver.
I wouldn't mind having our TE be the leading receiver--if he caught, say, 80 passes, and four wideouts caught 75 or better. :biggrin:

I wonder how close to Franklin Hammerschmidt will prove to be. I remember that Chiz's staff once said, "Just like Franklin--only he runs better".

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
That's good to hear. I didn't know they said that about him. I've just had bad experiences with him on NCAA. :jimlad: