• No one. CPR is a nice guy and deserves 1.8 million per year for being nice

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • No one. CPR has taken us to a bowl game and that should be enough

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • CPR and JP. CPR isn't performing, JP made a bad decision on the extension

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Get rid of the athletic department

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Keep everyone. WHo wants to win anyways? Lets just keep paying lots of money for no wins ever.

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
CPR is the guy to get rid of at the end of the season. Jamie has done everything he can do to make the football program successful, it is now up to the coaches to perform, and so far they have not.

At the time, a very big majority of the people applauded Rhoads extension. While the length may have been more than desired, it was needed in order to keep Rhoads here. At the time, we thought we were turning the corner to be a consistent bowl team, but Rhoads made a bad promotion in messingham. Hindsight is 20/20 and now it looks bad, but lets say Rhoads was successful and performed like he should have, then the extension would have been warranted.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Im tired of all these people calling for Pollards head. He is probably the single greatest thing to ever happen to ISU athletics. Big 12 championships and athletic budgets, and attendances have doubled since he got here. So he kept CPR around a year too long. Oh well. Ill give him one more coaching hire chance.

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Pollard is nothing short of outstanding as AD...only an idiot would want him to be let go. At the time, there was every reason to give Rhoads a long extension....and at ISU stability is the key to success, so lengthy contracts for coaches who seem to be performing well are necessary. Sometimes that doesn't work out...and it looks like we have arrived at that point. Jamie Pollard will do the right thing...and he will make the right hire as a replacement.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Wisconsin offered CPR a contract... Everybody was extremely happy when Pollard gave him that deal to keep him. We thought we had our lighting in a bottle. No way anybody saw this coming.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
CPR is the guy to get rid of at the end of the season. Jamie has done everything he can do to make the football program successful, it is now up to the coaches to perform, and so far they have not.

At the time, a very big majority of the people applauded Rhoads extension. While the length may have been more than desired, it was needed in order to keep Rhoads here. At the time, we thought we were turning the corner to be a consistent bowl team, but Rhoads made a bad promotion in messingham. Hindsight is 20/20 and now it looks bad, but lets say Rhoads was successful and performed like he should have, then the extension would have been warranted.

Did anyone think that was a good promotion at the time? It was perceived as bad and then solidified more that we'd all like. I agree with you overall though.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site

No one else was after him.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Did anyone think that was a good promotion at the time? It was perceived as bad and then solidified more that we'd all like. I agree with you overall though.

I don't remember anyone being overly positive of the it, but regardless, it was a bad promotion.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
No one else was after him.

Wisconsin supposedly offered him, also Pittsburgh was also interested. Don't know for sure, but those are the rumors on this message board. I think one other school outside of those two was also looking heavily at hm as well.

TensasCy

Mar 24, 2012

I thought ADs were supposed to know their stuff. Like, be smarter than your average CFer. Guess not.

Hackgolfin72

Jan 30, 2015
Ankeny
Something has to change in the coaching staff. I agree with the majority here, JP has done a great job. However, performances like today are unacceptable. I consider myself the biggest ISU optimistic out there, but I am beyond at a loss for words after today. Make a statement and do something - if nothing else it send a message. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Im tired of all these people calling for Pollards head. He is probably the single greatest thing to ever happen to ISU athletics. Big 12 championships and athletic budgets, and attendances have doubled since he got here. So he kept CPR around a year too long. Oh well. Ill give him one more coaching hire chance.

Lots of AD's with some football knowledge (like an ex-player and/or coach) would have asked questions about the program - to CPR - after that Liberty Bowl performance...I doubt that Jamie did. He's a runner and an accountant. As we now know, that was the turning point.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Everyone voting for firing Rhoads but not Pollard should change their vote to neither. Pollard is not firing Rhoads. You can also add an option, "Leath forces Pollard to fire Rhoads and walks Pollard through the hiring process."

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
You've got affidavits for everyone?

I should have put "everyone" in quotes. Because I thought 10 years was excessive at the time, but no one was posting anything negative on that thread. Would have been labelled a troll!

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

I don't think anyone was excited....if I remember, when announced, it was a "blah" feeling by all. I think that was the major momentum killer for CPR and his opportunity to be successful here and turn the corner.