First Date

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Dating is a shitfest. There are definitely some bad dates on that list, but the rest are the reason some ladies will forever be single. Seriously can't go get coffee or ice cream to see if there is any chemistry between you two?

You ever seen those videos where a girl is talking about her requirements for body type and income and then someone calculates it and it's like .3% of the male population? That's part of this thing.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
Mine was tailgating with her parents at the 2018 Oklahoma game, we met two weeks before at the SDSU game that got canceled. Definitely started swimming in the deep end.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
This is actually a great friday OT idea.

Gal here at work met a guy on Tinder (bumble? one of those) and he wanted to take her to Burger King for first date, so she said "no" and dropped him. Probably BOTH of them dodged a bullet there...

• Agree
Reactions: BACyclone

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Can't go to the movies? What a dumb list. Prob put together by the same hoes that say don't call if you are not 6' and make six figures.

I agree with the list on this one.

How can I impress her with my charm, quick wit, and full throttle machismo if we're just sitting in a dark room?

I'm not cutting a hole in the popcorn bucket either, dirtbags.

• Haha
Reactions: MeanDean

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Dating is a shitfest. There are definitely some bad dates on that list, but the rest are the reason some ladies will forever be single. Seriously can't go get coffee or ice cream to see if there is any chemistry between you two?

I think it depends how well you know that person already.

Like, asking someone you know out? Yeah, it makes sense that simply meeting for a drink\coffee wouldn't be much of a first date. You already know you get along well most likely.

A date with someone off an app? Seems like it makes more sense to keep it simple so that both can have the opportunity to bail if the vibe isn't there. You can always order more drinks\add food if things are going well. Who wants to spend a whole dinner with someone when you know in the first 10 minutes it isn't it? Save bigger dates for 2nd and beyond when you know you want to see that person again.

Those that put together lists like in the OP are toxic as **** and should be avoided

• Agree
Reactions: WooBadger18

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I can't remember where exactly we went, because we went to one place that she recommended, and the wait was an hour and neither one of us wanted to wait (1st sign of compatibility with me lol), so we went to the first available place within a block or so.

Then we went to the Prairie Home Companion movie, which is a movie I would never have seen in all my life if she hadn't wanted to go, but it turned out to be pretty decent.

Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron