First time hillside

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Every time I've been to Jack Trice I've been in the stands. By last game I was actually against the wall next to a Hillside. I got hillsides for the Iowa game and was just wondering what I should expect. Will I be able to see about the same as sitting in that corner? Does standing on a hill all game suck?

Another question. I bought a few tickets under the impression its GA, which I'm still sure it is. Then my friend bought one today to come with and we noticed it actually says you're supposed to be in a specific hillside? It even has a row and seat buuuut I know that isn't right either unless they just bowled it in without me knowing :twitcy:

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
They don't check tickets on the hillsides, so you can go to whichever one you'd like. Be prepared for lots of kids.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Yes, standing all game sucks. The Iowa game will be crowded as **** on the hills. Head to a south hillside quickly so you can stake claim on a good view of the video board and field.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
The hillsides for Iowa will be very packed, I dont think the kids will be as bad as usual, but there usually are about 500 kids playing catch during the whole game. I had hillside once and said never again. Its pretty uncomfortable. Bring a blanket to sit on for sure.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
They don't check tickets on the hillsides, so you can go to whichever one you'd like. Be prepared for lots of kids.
They don't check tickets anywhere. I've got hillsides and then went and sat 2 rows up on the 50 many times before.

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
For the Iowa game it will suck. Last time there were a bunch of young DB Iowa fans turning around and heckling everyone after each score. Then there were the high school fans that starting throwin pennies at the DB iowa fans. It got old fast. There are always a ton of kids playing football (which I usually have to join with my 5 year old after half)

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
They don't check tickets anywhere. I've got hillsides and then went and sat 2 rows up on the 50 many times before.

I was thinking the same thing. It's probably frowned upon here, but I usually go upper deck to the student section w/ my hillsides. Always a party up there!

B.L.

Nov 28, 2006
Had hill side season tictets for 3 years. Not bad go southeast cornerFor best view, than if you see seats open up go for the stands. We had friends call and tell us where seats were and went there. South side ends will be packed now with new vid board.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
This is a lie.
It actually isn't a lie and i plan on doing it for the UNI game, too. Its really easy. All you do is go down to the front row and scope around till about game time. Wait till you see an empty spot and take it.

Last edited:

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
This is a lie.

I agree that 2 rows up on the 50 is probably a lie, but there are plenty other spots you can sit just by getting into the stadium. I've sat 1st 5 rows around the 20 a couple times, & those definitely weren't my seats.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
It actually isn't a lie and i plan on doing it for the UNI game, too. Its really easy. All you do is go down to the front row and scope around tell about game time. Wait tell you see an empty spot and take it.

Right okay. There is no way there is an open seat on the 50 for the UNI game.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Right okay. There is no way there is an open seat on the 50 for the UNI game.
Okay maybe not the "50", but around there. Pretty sure it was the 35 or 40 yard line. What it comes down to is I paid 20 bucks for a seat that should of cost like 75+

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
It actually isn't a lie and i plan on doing it for the UNI game, too. Its really easy. All you do is go down to the front row and scope around till about game time. Wait till you see an empty spot and take it.

thumbnail.aspx

I hope you get kicked out by the rightful owners every time you move.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
You're right. They check the press box and the suites. Other than that though, they don't check anywhere.

I am well aware of that but a HS kid like clones21 isnt doing this. Maybe his parents but not him. And he sure as hell isnt sitting in prime seats without his mom and dad paying.