Five Guys Coming to Des Moines

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I am sure lots of people are thrilled about this.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...12/five-guys-coming-west-des-moines/84291326/

Personally, I'm not too excited. My wife and I ate at one in Tennessee. The hamburger was fine. Way too many fries that we had to waste. Nothing to get excited about.

I hate the burgers, but only because I prefer grilled burgers to ones that have been flipped twice and pressed into a flat plate.

I actually think the fries are the best part of it. And it's fun scooping up peanuts to munch on while you wait for your food.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
BS, there is nothing better than a Fajita Burrito covered in queso.

There's a quote from Office Space about what you can do with a million dollars. I'll bet you think that's better than a Fajita Burrito covered in queso.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
5-8 years too late IMO. Five Guys was on the forefront of the burger craze. But for me, there are better options (Smashburger, B-Bops, etc.).

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
giphy.gif

I've only had it once, and it was a few years ago. Maybe I can give it another go. It's the puffy taco place right?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
5-8 years too late IMO. Five Guys was on the forefront of the burger craze. But for me, there are better options (Smashburger, B-Bops, etc.).

My family and I went to a smashburger in Chicago when they were just getting started. This was probably 10 or so years ago. While the food was good, we thought it was overpriced for what you got.

B-Bops is great. I lived in Ames for 4 years without realizing how good B-Bops was, but my last 3 were amazing knowing it was there.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I like the burgers a lot, not a huge fan of the fries.

If I'm in Des Moines I'm more likely to go to Zombie Burger if I'm going to a burger joint.

I've never been to a 5 guys, but aren't these serving different t crowds? Isn't Five Guys fast food?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I don't think Five Guys is fast food, it falls in to the fast causal. When I think of Fast Food, i think more of McDonalds. It takes a while to actually get your food at Five Guys.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
What size did you get? The first time I went there I got too many as well since they top them off. But at least you won't leave hungary.

Five guys is good, same with Whataburger and In-N-Out burger, which I have eaten at all three. All are very good burgers. The thing about food now a days is that something will only be raved about for a couple years before something new comes along. Five Guys was all the rage 10 years ago, but now has lost that since more restaurants have opened up. Shack Shake will be the same way in probably a several years.

We probably split a medium. It was the scoop of fries they dumped in the bag after putting our food in it that was over the top.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
What size did you get? The first time I went there I got too many as well since they top them off. But at least you won't leave hungary.

Five guys is good, same with Whataburger and In-N-Out burger, which I have eaten at all three. All are very good burgers. The thing about food now a days is that something will only be raved about for a couple years before something new comes along. Five Guys was all the rage 10 years ago, but now has lost that since more restaurants have opened up. Shack Shake will be the same way in probably a several years.

They have 5 Guys in Budapest now?