The Rob Gray

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2016

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Just got back from the spring "game". Here are my immediate reactions.

Best Performance:
Dylan Lee
This true freshman running back looks for real. Very good speed and very strong. He may be #3 behind Sama and Hanson right now, but they're gonna have a hard time keeping him off the field this season.

Honorable Mention:
I thought Connor Moberley, the true freshman QB from SE Polk HS, looked very good. If fact, I thought he even looked a little better than JJ, but that's based on an extremely small sample size.

Defense in general looked strong. I'm really liking what I'm seeing from redshirt freshman interior D lineman Zaimir Hawk.

Kyle Konrady, kicker, also looked good. He made numerous field goals in the 35-45 yard range.

Worst Performance:
Mother nature. Cold, gray, and windy. Kept the crowd size down.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Best Performance:
Dylan Lee
This true freshman running back looks for real. Very good speed and very strong. He may be #3 behind Sama and Hanson right now, but they're gonna have a hard time keeping him off the field this season.

Honorable Mention:
I thought Connor Moberley, the true freshman QB from SE Polk HS, looked very good. If fact, I thought he even looked a little better than JJ, but that's based on an extremely small sample size.

Defense in general looked strong. I'm really liking what I'm seeing from redshirt freshman interior D lineman Zaimir Hawk.

Kyle Konrady, kicker, also looked good. He made numerous field goals in the 35-45 yard range.

Worst Performance:

I’ve been on the Dylan Lee hype bandwagon ever since he signed with us. Very excited by him. His highlight videos were off the charts IMO.

I could see him getting the 2nd most carries on the team this year, and Hansen mostly being a 3rd down back with his pass receiving skills.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
One more quick reaction. I'm happy we get a new sound system in time for this fall, but it's going to be a little painful looking at the same old video boards for one more year. They're looking pretty shabby right now.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Best Performance:
Dylan Lee

Honorable Mention:

Worst Performance:
Thanks for the commentary. Mother Nature kept this old fart in her nice warm home. :D

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
One more quick reaction. I'm happy we get a new sound system in time for this fall, but it's going to be a little painful looking at the same old video boards for one more year. They're looking pretty shabby right now.

So the sound system was up and running? And it sounded good?

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
So the sound system was up and running? And it sounded good?
No, I'm pretty sure it was still the old sound system, but I heard Jaime say the new sound system will be in place before August.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Nope, they wore their practice uniforms.

I knew they would wear practice uniforms for the game, just didn’t know if they might reveal the new uniforms before the game? Thanks for the info!

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
I’ve been on the Dylan Lee hype bandwagon ever since he signed with us. Very excited by him. His highlight videos were off the charts IMO.

I could see him getting the 2nd most carries on the team this year, and Hansen mostly being a 3rd down back with his pass receiving skills.
I'm not predicting this, but just thinking about 2016 when Mike Warren came off a monster year and was the 2nd leading rusher behind montgomery. I think one or several rbs are gonna have a huge year.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyclones12321

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'm particularly interested in the "post-tailgate popcorn"!

Is that something that could help propel us further?

CycloneBamaFan

Nov 6, 2018

Best Performance:
Dylan Lee

Honorable Mention:

Worst Performance:
Thanks for the summary. Good news about Lee. I am not a fan of Sama or especially Hanson.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So did the 1s play 1s, 2s play the 2s, 3/3s? How CMC usually does it. Makes it hard to tell how the back ups are really doing.