Flash Sale $15 for OU game

ghettocowboy4cy

Oct 27, 2013
Hence the hung up part. Although that Oklahoma State team was also much stronger than this Oklahoma team. Still figuring this game will have a good chance to get ugly but even with that I'll still be there.

Considering ISU has not won against OU since 1990 it will be another L no doubt.

• Informative
Reactions: JHUNSY

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
$15 plus fees does seem high compared to the $5 ticket I got from the box office for the 2011 OSU game. That might have been student section only deal though....memory is a bit fuzzy...

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Oh did they charge you more than they said they would?

ISU fans complaining about ticket prices have to be some of the most ignorant people out there.

While I agree with what you are saying, this does not help the AD sell season tix next year - why buy the season tix if there is essentially no value for the second half of the year?

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Without wins and fast the attendance will be sad for not only these remaining games this year but for next year also. without wins the streak of 50k attendance will be over soon.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
$15 plus fees does seem high compared to the $5 ticket I got from the box office for the 2011 OSU game. That might have been student section only deal though....memory is a bit fuzzy...

Yea attendance was spotty at that but a lot of students had already left for break. Also, that team was a lot better than this one. Still I am sure a lot more people showed up for that than will this one and it will look even worse because there are more seats now.

I am assuming people trying to sell theirs should just give them away like people were doing before the Kansas Snow Bowl.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I understand your concerns, but it is not like this game just popped up on the schedule for a Thursday night last week. It is called planning ahead. I work from home and for myself, so that is no big deal, my wife requested the day off long ago to make sure she could go, and as for kids, well to me them missing a day or a half day for a life experience is far greater than sitting in school to miss out. I have confidence in my kid to get his work done and I certainly hope an afternoon off from school will not make or break his school year.

Sure we knew about it a long time ago. We're also driving a lot further than Ankeny. :rolleyes: And I guess I don't see one football game for a 1-7 team as a big life experience worth pulling the teenagers out of school. Just see it as reasons why people who don't live in Ankeny might not show up for a 6:30 Thursday start.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Without wins and fast the attendance will be sad for not only these remaining games this year but for next year also. without wins the streak of 50k attendance will be over soon.

We say this every year, and somehow we keep coming back. Optimism surrounding the program is always at it highest right before kickoff.

• Agree
Reactions: BBHMagic

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I signed up for the text messages early on -- from ReplyBuy. Got one yesterday pushing $33 tickets in the "first four rows, (sideline seats) for this game the best seats available will be automatically pulled from section 31, 32."
That's east side, between the 20 and 40 yard lines. Wow. Sad.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
While I agree with what you are saying, this does not help the AD sell season tix next year - why buy the season tix if there is essentially no value for the second half of the year?

Well there hasn't been much for value there anyway and there usually won't be due to the weather. It likely won't matter much in terms of next years ticket sales.

They're doing this because they know this will be nationally televised. They really don't have much choice but to try and get as many people there as they can no matter what it takes.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Just picked up 2 tix in Sec 29, Row 28 for $39.88 after all fees and taxes.

Having just moved back to Iowa just before the UNI game after a 3 year hiatus, we decided to roll the dice and bet ISU tix would be easy to come by late in the year. Yikes, were we right.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Ticket Exchange has minimums that are higher than the market value. Thanks a lot.