Food for Thought: What Could Troy Davis Do With This Team?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The best comparison I can come up with would be at the NFL level with Kelly and Thomas during the Bill's run that always came up a game short year after year.

The comparison is on how the two would compliment each other in our offense at the college level. I know Kelly & Thomas are hall of famers I'm not comparing their accomplishments more their style.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Two totally different offensive philosophies. No one player is going to run the ball 40 times in a game this day and age.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
As long as we’re time traveling, let’s snag Karl Nelson, Keith Sims, Bruce Reimers and a few other guys for next season.

May as well take Tracy Henderson in the slot, too.

Who ya got on your shopping list at safety?

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
Troy still would have been great, but I doubt he'd be 2 a two time 2,000 yard rusher. He wouldn't get quite enough carries.

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
As long as we’re time traveling, let’s snag Karl Nelson, Keith Sims, Bruce Reimers and a few other guys for next season.

May as well take Tracy Henderson in the slot, too.

Who ya got on your shopping list at safety?
I got Matt Blair at LB.

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I don’t think Troy would fit our system well at all. He was in a downhill, lead blocking system. He was a boulder rolling downhill, hard to stop with a head of steam with Joe Parmentier clearing the way in front of him. In a shotgun based run scheme the running back is basically taking the handoff at a standstill and has to quickly read the hole. I don’t think Troy was shifty enough to play in that scheme.

• Winner
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC