Football Season Postmortem

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
A frustrating team to watch since the first game against UNI. Sick to my stomach that we can't overtake K State as "that" team in the Big XII. No ability to lean on a weaker opponent with a running game. Hall is special, Purdy is special. Kolar is special. Is there a competent offensive line in waiting? Defense had moments this year, but gave up way too many third and longs and couldn't get off the field in crucial situations. National pundits showered this team with love and people kept trying to rank them in the top 25. Just something missing. The least fun of Campbell's four teams to watch. And yes, that includes the 3-9 season,.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
5 close losses and it seems like we didn’t really learn or grow throughout the season like a typical Matt Campbell team.

4 losses as favorites stings - what could have been.

Inconsistencies, penalties, and missed opportunities sum up this good (but could have been great) season.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
tenor.gif

Latto

Nov 14, 2009
Till we get better in the trenches I'm afraid we have plateaued at this point.

Don't love the play calling on offense or the "bend but try not to break" style on defense either.
Agree with trenches to a and play calling to a certain degree, but Manning can see what everyone else sees - the OL was not good or dependable.

• Agree
Reactions: Twobeertodd69

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
A frustrating team to watch since the first game against UNI. Sick to my stomach that we can't overtake K State as "that" team in the Big XII. No ability to lean on a weaker opponent with a running game. Hall is special, Purdy is special. Kolar is special. Is there a competent offensive line in waiting? Defense had moments this year, but gave up way too many third and longs and couldn't get off the field in crucial situations. National pundits showered this team with love and people kept trying to rank them in the top 25. Just something missing. The least fun of Campbell's four teams to watch. And yes, that includes the 3-9 season,.

I think this sums it up well, especially the bolded.

We played up to or down to every single opponent and never put a full game together outside of ULM.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Agree with trenches to a and play calling to a certain degree, but Manning can see what everyone else sees - the OL was not good or dependable.
Question is do we have any better OL's coming?

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
If this team could win in the margins we’d be playing in Dallas next weekend. Lots of it is on coaching, some of it is on the players