[For Sale] Hilton Flooring

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Kind of a cool side story but did you guys know that the floor UNI plays on is the one that they beat KU on in the NCAA tournament? I found that out a few years ago and I thought that was pretty awesome.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Out of curiosity I googled cost of basketball floor and $3 - $17 sq ft was the response so this is on the very low end.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Out of curiosity I googled cost of basketball floor and $3 - $17 sq ft was the response so this is on the very low end.
That floor has probably been sanded and refinished multiple times. Think of how many times those sections have been picked up and put down, that alone is a lot of wear and tear.

Reactions: Angie

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Kind of a cool side story but did you guys know that the floor UNI plays on is the one that they beat KU on in the NCAA tournament? I found that out a few years ago and I thought that was pretty awesome.

So random too. They sell off all the floors they use for the NCAA Tournament at a discount and schools don't know which floor they're getting when they buy them. UNI found out two days before they played UNLV that they were getting the floor from Oklahoma City. Must have been some good mojo.

Unfortunately they replaced that floor before the 18-19 season. The one in the McLeod Center now is from women's regional in Lexington in 2018.

If the trivia is useless, I've got it :)

Reactions: Scott34

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So random too. They sell off all the floors they use for the NCAA Tournament at a discount and schools don't know which floor they're getting when they buy them. UNI found out two days before they played UNLV that they were getting the floor from Oklahoma City. Must have been some good mojo.

Unfortunately they replaced that floor before the 18-19 season. The one in the McLeod Center now is from women's regional in Lexington in 2018.

If the trivia is useless, I've got it :)

I didn't know that it was completely random, I just assumed that they bid on that court. That's carzy.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I didn't know that it was completely random, I just assumed that they bid on that court. That's carzy.
Makes no sense. You could likely fetch more dough if you told a college they were getting the exact floor they had a big win on.