Former OSU BBall player guilty

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I was kinda surprised by this. There was no evidence other than the victims and this all occurred at a house party. One of them said she was drug outside by him, but not a single other person saw that? At a house party?

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Usually where there's smoke, there's fire. But that's not normally enough for a conviction.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I don't see how you can convict someone on a he said, she said without any additional witnesses or physical evidence.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Obviously I don't have all the details but this sounds like a failure of the justice system. No tangible evidence, just he-said she-said, and his life is essentially over. No one heard screaming, no one saw anything, no cuts/bruises/etc., and he gets convicted? Terrible job by the jury.

Brad4Cyclones

Dec 13, 2011
Yeah I'm having a hard time with this one. How can he possibly be found guilty? The girls didn't even know who did it but pointed him out when the cops showed a picture of the basketball team? What? And nobody saw a girl getting drug outside a party?

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Obviously I don't have all the details but this sounds like a failure of the justice system. No tangible evidence, just he-said she-said, and his life is essentially over. No one heard screaming, no one saw anything, no cuts/bruises/etc., and he gets convicted? Terrible job by the jury.

And the nerve of them to suggest that he gets the minimum punishment possible. To me this sounds like they weren't really convinced.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm not saying the jury did a good job or that this guy is guilty, but it seems odd to me that many in this thread are able to read one (kinda poorly written) article and presume to know more about the case than the jurors who sat through the whole trial and came to a consensus agreement.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
I'm not saying the jury did a good job or that this guy is guilty, but it seems odd to me that many in this thread are able to read one (kinda poorly written) article and presume to know more about the case than the jurors who sat through the whole trial and came to a consensus agreement.

Isn't that the way of the internet though.

I agree that the article wasn't written well, but it really seems like there is a lack of the evidence. I understand that usually the victims in these types of cases get little to no justice and often seem to lack credibility, but the problem is when the jury gets it wrong the damage can be very detrimental, for example Brian Banks.

Like I said that if the jury recommended to give him the the least amount of punishment possible, it really seems that they were a little unsure of the how guilty he was.