Former Players Reveal Allegations of Toxic Culture Under P.J. Fleck

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Didn't he lock a recruit in his office and wouldn't let him out until he committed or something like that? Seems like this kind of stuff has been surrounding him for a while.
I believe so and idk if it's the same story but I think he put Jirehl Brock in a room and had an hour glass and told him that's how long he had until he committed er something along those lines.

• Informative
Reactions: NorthCyd

clone37

Oct 9, 2010
I played high school ball with Fleck. Even back then most of the school did not like him because he was seen as fake, an attention *****, and a brown-noser. Seems like things certainly haven't changed over the years. He would cry at practice when things didn't go his way, or when someone (including me) would pop him with a big hit.

Dude has just always come off as super insecure and petty.

The definition of trying too hard.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The instruction was simple: Clap whenever Fleck entered the locker room.

“We had to [practice giving Fleck ovations] multiple times — the first time, because some other people in the back were not moving as quick as he wanted,” a third player told FOS.

Two other former players said that Fleck would reenter a room if he didn’t like the ovation he received.

WTF?

Even if it wasn't toxic if this is accurate, that's really weird.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I played high school ball with Fleck. Even back then most of the school did not like him because he was seen as fake, an attention *****, and a brown-noser. Seems like things certainly haven't changed over the years. He would cry at practice when things didn't go his way, or when someone (including me) would pop him with a big hit.

I can't imagine being a coach in this scenario.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He definitely comes off that way I'm not surprised you said that at all

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Gut check time for the Minnesota AD. He's been ok, but not great. If you think you may want to move on, now's your chance to do it for cause.
Maybe I didn't read it closely enough, but I didn't see anything in there that would necessarily get Minnesota off the hook for the remainder of his contract. Pretty weird and cult-like, but unless I missed something, the alternative path for drug violations might provide some grounds for termination with cause, but I'm not sure if that would do it.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm not understanding what the deal is with the drug test situation.

Like he was brushing it under the rug?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
PSU
MSU
tOSU
UM
Iowa
NW
MN

That's half the conference with issues of some sort within the AD over the last 10-15 years.
Don't forget Nebraska/Scott Frost and then his successor Mickey Joseph who literally beat the **** out of his wife.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Good thing they now have an unlimited coaching salary fund for a school without a very passionate fanbase.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
It’s not to the level of a scandal or anything like that, but it’s almost worse for his image. It confirms all preconceived notions about him being narcissistic and self centered. A lot of people in the business are, but the way he talks, walks, leads gave some people cover as they thought he was just confident.

Confident people don’t require kids to clap and cheer every time they enter the room and do it over if not good enough. I know insecure as I am in many ways, but I hate attention and would walk out if people cheered my entrance to anything.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I am going to need all you guys to stand up and clap for 2 minutes every morning when I log into CF

or there will be hell to pay.
The%2BLast%2BDays%2Bof%2BPatton%2B-%2Binside.jpg

Reactions: isufbcurt

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm not understanding what the deal is with the drug test situation.

Like he was brushing it under the rug?
From how I interpreted that, I think he had a merit based system where you'd essentially get Chuck-E-Cheese tokens (100% with his face on them), or like Schrute Bucks from The Office, and you'd then be able to use them to bypass having to take a university drug test.

Now, I know for a fact that university drug tests are SO easy to get out of, especially if you're a high profile player and you're in somewhat good graces with the staff. If it's Big 12 administered though, you're screwed if you are trying to get out of it. Then you have the NCAA ones that happen at their events where you'll literally have a rep pop into the locker room after a game for pee in a cup time.