Fox Broadcast Team for Texas/Ohio State

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
Was anyone else as disappointed as I was with the announcers and the overall broadcast? IMO (in my opinion for those of you from Rio Linda) the announcers were pulling for the Buckeyes for most of the game, several plays were missed due to the excessive amount of info-bits that were run between plays, and all the announcers could talk about was how the Buckeyes run game was so much better than Texas (duh - really?). The stats for passing were equally as good for Texas as the rushing stat was for the Buckeyes, but that stat was never posted during the game.

The bias seemed to disappear in the second half when Texas took it to the Buckeyes. At least the Big Televen was put in its rightful place at the end.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I didn't get to fully pay attention to it - but it did seem a bit lackluster. Almost as bad as the NFL Network stuff.

I wish these big games would stay on the same networks that cover them all year (ABC, CBS, ESPN). Fox does a great job with the NFL but seems to miss on CFB.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
A lot of announcers are big 12 haters for some reason. They did the same thing for Nebraska vs. Clemson. Even that double pass interference call was not right and the announcers agreed with the refs. The Ohio State guy pushed the defender to the ground. How is that double pass interference?

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I didn't get to fully pay attention to it - but it did seem a bit lackluster. Almost as bad as the NFL Network stuff.

I wish these big games would stay on the same networks that cover them all year (ABC, CBS, ESPN). Fox does a great job with the NFL but seems to miss on CFB.

I agree with everything except the bolded part.

cyclonemaniac7

Apr 11, 2006
I guess I didn't notice the bias as much, but I wasn't paying attention. I was just disappointed with the lack of enthusiasm. They were very boring.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I liked how they kept going on about the hit to the helmet, never mentioning the guy took three steps after the throw to hit him... and the call was a late hit and hands to the head.

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
Their producer missed several plays when Texas went no huddle, they were always looking for Colts mom in the crowd. Apparently whoever has the hottest mom gets all the face time between plays (Chase Daniels mom). Did anyone see Priors mom between plays?

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
I was also disapointed that Fox did not show a replay for Pryor's touchdown with about two minutes left. It looked to me like he pushed off the defender to get open, but I couldn't tell for sure without a replay.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I liked how they kept going on about the hit to the helmet, never mentioning the guy took three steps after the throw to hit him... and the call was a late hit and hands to the head.

Also, it was a blow to the head and not helmet to helmet. The DE hit him in the head with his hands after the ball had been thrown. It was the same penalty as before but for some reason the announcers weren't following the game.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
Their producer missed several plays when Texas went no huddle, they were always looking for Colts mom in the crowd. Apparently whoever has the hottest mom gets all the face time between plays (Chase Daniels mom). Did anyone see Priors mom between plays?

I did not mind that part so much:smile:

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

All I can say is I liked the blonde chick sitting by Colts mom and dad, wwwwwwoooowwwwww!!!