FranTango thread

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
KSU is shooting nothing but rushed off balance 3s and missing every one of them. Iowa is hitting every imaginable 3 pointer (Sandfort has 7 3s) and can get a lead higher than 10.

Reactions: aauummm

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
But see it’s not a coincidence that a team that scores like that can’t play defense. Most teams have no interest in a lot of the guys Fran recruits because they can’t guard a corpse. Fran looks for one skillset and says “works for me!”
That’s the point. It doesn’t matter how good you are on offense when you are so bad defensively. And this was actually a decent defensive game by their standards.

But it doesn’t change how well Fran’s offense moves and creates. Still have to make the shot but they create open looks and “easy” offense. We can’t play like that but if we even had a few of these actions it would be huge.

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I bet the fan at this game is enjoying all the scoring!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Two games in a row I’m fine with Iowa winning.

Go on any Utah board, 90% of them still calling Big 12 a truck stop. They are gonna get CRUSHED next year.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
K State just destroyed Iowa in the paint yet chose to hoist 30 three pointers

So many no-calls inside (and an inability to make FTs when they do get them) probably leading to settling for terrible outside shots.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
KSU is shooting nothing but rushed off balance 3s and missing every one of them. Iowa is hitting every imaginable 3 pointer (Sandfort has 7 3s) and can get a lead higher than 10.
KSU announcers kept talking about driving the paint and Tang and company wouldn't do it consistently. 9 straight road losses for KSU. We broke them

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
That’s the point. It doesn’t matter how good you are on offense when you are so bad defensively. And this was actually a decent defensive game by their standards.

But it doesn’t change how well Fran’s offense moves and creates. Still have to make the shot but they create open looks and “easy” offense. We can’t play like that but if we even had a few of these actions it would be huge.
I agree with you that his offense is a thing of beauty a lot of the time. A motivated team with athletes always throw them out of sync though. See Hilton this past December.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I agree with you that his offense is a thing of beauty a lot of the time. A motivated team with athletes always throw them out of sync though. See Hilton this past December.
Correct. And again, as we saw with Hoiberg teams, if the shots aren’t falling…uh oh.

Reactions: TClone99