Free Sports Pack on Direct tv

vortec22

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2009
Grinnell, IA
Hey guys, I just called to add the sports pack to my satellite package so I can get the game this weekend, and they gave it to me free for 3 months. Have to call in December if I want to cancel it, but for those of you who don't have it the call may be worth it! :yes:

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
So you called to pay for it and they gave it to you for free? whose **** did you have to suck?

vortec22

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2009
Grinnell, IA
They must have a special going on it, I didn't see it advertised anywhere. The lady just told me that they could offer it for free for 3 months, and that I had to either cancel it in December or the $12.99 would be added on my bill. I didn't change any other programming or extend my contract. Just thought I would let people know it may be worth the call.

akellar

Nov 28, 2008
Stuart, IA
They must have a special going on it, I didn't see it advertised anywhere. The lady just told me that they could offer it for free for 3 months, and that I had to either cancel it in December or the $12.99 would be added on my bill. I didn't change any other programming or extend my contract. Just thought I would let people know it may be worth the call.

That you know of. DirecTV is infamous for extending contracts without your knowledge.

Chad

Sep 10, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I got a call from a number i didnt recognize yesterday so i let it go to voicemail. I googled the number and found that it was Directv, and in the past other current subscribers had received promotional offers from this number. I called back and added all the movie channels, sports pack, nfl ticket all for 5 months for an additional $2/month to my current bill.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
I got a call from a number i didnt recognize yesterday so i let it go to voicemail. I googled the number and found that it was Directv, and in the past other current subscribers had received promotional offers from this number. I called back and added all the movie channels, sports pack, nfl ticket all for 5 months for an additional $2/month to my current bill.

Are you sure about that one?

vortec22

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2009
Grinnell, IA
That you know of. DirecTV is infamous for extending contracts without your knowledge.

I specifically asked her on that one, she claimed it did not. If it does they will be hearing from me again. I don't usually mind making a little noise if I have to.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
What number did you call? I called 1-800-531-5000 and it was all automated. Wasnt sure if thats correct?

Hawkfan44

Dec 13, 2008

I got a call a month ago from Direct and got the same deal but it came out .99 cheaper a month.