SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
1. March (March Madness, my birthday)
2. July (4th, pool/beach weather)
3. June (start of pool/beach weather)
4. August (still summer)
5. November (Thanksgiving, football and basketball at the same time)

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
May is #1 -- Crappie fishing, turkey hunting, morels, and the smell of fresh-cut grass.

June #2 -- My birthday, Father's Day, if I go to Canada on a fishing trip, this is the month for it.

October #3,4 -- Early muzzle loader deer hunting, no more air conditioning, no more mowing.

December #3,4 -- Christmas, ice fishing, seeing all the relatives for the holidays, beginning of hoops, using up any left-over vacay days.

March #5 -- When we (finally) get our year-end bonuses, March Madness (now that our team is playing in it)..

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
September - Cause Football
March - Cause Winter is over
July - Cause I like warm weather and this is a also a prime camping month
August - Ditto
December - Cause of the Holidays

Last edited:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I like inclusion of the summaries. I omitted any descriptions with mine.

"Transitional months" have become my favorites.

March is a combination of winter's end and changeover to spring, with March Madness overlapping.

August and September are still 7/8 summer, but not so much heat. Love the October leaf-change (although I don't especially like rainy/cloudy days at that time of the year).

Hoiball92

Apr 23, 2015
Des Moines
1 March ( basketball)
2 June ( warm weather)
3 July ( 4th of july/ warm weather)
4 May ( weathers getting nice plus schools gets out)
5 september (football)

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Taking my whole life into account:

1. October - birthday, love crisp fall weather/smell of burning leaves/in the thick of football season
2. May - long days of nice but not too hot weather
3. December - Christmas / more time off / getting that first snowfall / college hoops well underway
4. March - annual ski trip / march madness
5. July - something to be said for being able to run out the door without having to bundle up, start the car ect. Lots of daylight / golf / swimming / bike rides / summer vacations / my anniversary.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I like inclusion of the summaries. I omitted any descriptions with mine.

"Transitional months" have become my favorites.

March is a combination of winter's end and changeover to spring, with March Madness overlapping.

August and September are still 7/8 summer, but not so much heat. Love the October leaf-change (although I don't especially like rainy/cloudy days at that time of the year).

Funny you say that because I've become the same way. I just turned 30 and this is the first year I really got a kick out of watching the trees change, flowers bloom, and seeing wildlife come back to my yard. Must be getting old, but really enjoy those things now.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
1- September
2- March
3- June
4- December
5- May

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
June - my birfday and summer!
July - still summer but hotter
August - still summer and too hot but garden food appears
May - almost summer!
late Sept into October - the pretty part of fall

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Funny you say that because I've become the same way. I just turned 30 and this is the first year I really got a kick out of watching the trees change, flowers bloom, and seeing wildlife come back to my yard. Must be getting old, but really enjoy those things now.

I think it takes a while to start appreciating what's associated with seasonal details, although it seems like it'd be the opposite -- you'd notice it but then eventually take it for granted. Maybe it's build-up of pattern-recognition.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Note: I've done a lot of Likes so far; I like the variety & participation -- if anyone notices absence of thumbs-up for initial ranks, it's mainly because I had to leave the board for a while. :)

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Can't believe I missed this.

1. October birthday
2. March March madnees
3. September football returns
4. December x-mas
5. August

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Note: I've done a lot of Likes so far; I like the variety & participation -- if anyone notices absence of thumbs-up for initial ranks, it's mainly because I had to leave the board for a while. :)

for another week do the opposite 5 worst months.

Robert

May 19, 2015
1. October - Crisp, cool weather with lots of pretty leaves all around. Plus a chance to scare (at least try to) the wits out of others dressed up as something fantastic on Halloween.
2. December - The month of holidays and all the excitement of Christmas and Santa Claus, New Year and resolutions (though they are meant to be broken, otherwise they aren't resolutions).
3. May - For the sole reason that it is our annual spring cleaning month and everything (both inside and outside the house) looks brand new.
4. July - Generally the month when we go out on our annual vacation. Holiday means fun and hence this is included in the list of favorite months.
5. February - Birthday month!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron