Friday OT #1 -- A Day Late and a Trick Short

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Good morning --

@Angie is enjoying a well-earned vacation right now, and she graciously asked me to cover the Friday threads for her.

For our first topic of discussion...

What is the best April Fool's prank you have ever played, ever seen, or ever had played on you?

The best one I can remember is a prank my father played on my mother. The family had just purchased a new car, complete with remote control keys. While these are pretty standard now, they were cutting edge at the time, and they came with a "panic/honk the horn" button so you might find the car in parking lots. It was cool at the time.

The new car was parked in an unattached garage, and when my mother went out to it, my father waited... waited... waited... until just the right moment to turn the horn on when my mom seemed to lean over to touch the car to open up the door. She about jumped out of her skin as we watched through the window, putting us both in stitches.

I have no doubt it was really loud in an enclosed space like that, and she came up, "That car's DEVICE is going off!!! About gave me a heart attack!!!" I still call this feature on cars a "device" to this day.

She was not pleased when we told her it was us, not a car alarm or anything, and I'm still amused.

So what is your best post-April 1 experience?

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
We woke our daughter up at midnight and told her she was late for school. She got dressed, started brushing her teeth and then looked at her phone. Teens are moody anyway, but at least I gave her a good reason for a change.

Were there no windows around?

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
We switched out our two superintendents' desks, then rearranged the desk tops so they appeared to be theirs. When they looked for something in a drawer, it was gone! Took about a half hour for them to figure it out.

• Haha
Reactions: coolerifyoudid