Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Thanks to @mj4cy for this thread!

Name a cover of another song that is better than the original.

Cake’s “I Will Survive” is a favorite here. What are yours?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I really like 311's version of Lovesong (Cure). Not sure if it's better but I think it's really up there.

I think Cyndi Lauper's covers hold up really well. All Through the Night is awesome. My sister had that album of her's and played it all the time. Now that I go back and look at the track listing, that album is incredible.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I believe Dylan himself said Jimi Hendrix' version of "All Along the Watchtower" was way better than his own.

And Dylan was completely correct. Bob Dylan was an amazing song writer.....for other people.

Of course music is subjective. Everyone should let their own freak flag fly, but I just don't find him to be a talented vocalist

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
And Dylan was completely correct. Bob Dylan was an amazing song writer.....for other people.

Of course music is subjective. Everyone should let their own freak flag fly, but I just don't find him to be a talented vocalist

I saw him perform at the Iowa State Fair in 2001 and I was ... underwhelmed. He's a great lyricist and writer, but vocals aren't his thing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron