Friday OT #2 - But Why?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That is only those rare times when I have a cold (and in that case I'm bringing five handkerchiefs).

But really, it is so convenient and works so much better than having a clump of tissues in your pocket
tumblr_mm1hem04Tm1s7gnr1o1_400.gif

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Paying 2 bucks for a bottle of water. 7 bucks for a bag of ice.
I remember when bottled water started to become widely popular (there had previously been trendy water like Evian and Perrier). There were a lot of people who saw it for the scam it was. Now just about everyone takes it for granted and there are a lot of people who wouldn't dream of drinking a glass of tap water. Crazy.

I remember while doing a stadium show years ago they came around with bottled water for each of us because it was hot out and they wanted us to keep working. I read the bottle and the source was the Louisville, KY municipal water system. When it was warm it kind of tasted like glue.

Last edited:
  • Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: NWICY and matclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Garnish. As in lemon wedges and especially parsley.
If they are going to put that **** on my plate, I'm damned well going to eat it!

Seriously I know some caterers and they buy flowers that are edible - most flowers are but these have something of a palate cleansing blandness - so they can put them on some dishes when plated.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Anyone under 16 that has a social media account or phone.

Why do dead people need pillows in caskets?

Why in the U.S. have we not figured out how to NOT have large gaping cracks in bathroom stalls?

8 hour work days/5 days a week. Who came up with this and why? No one bats an eye...we just do it.

I've always thought engagement rings were strange. You're gonna have a wedding ring/band but you need to prove your love again with an expensive engagement ring? Wedding things in general are ******* weird.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
For me what takes the cake by far is the International Star Registry. Where you pay some ******* company money and they'll find some random ass star you can't see and then name it in honor/memory of a loved one. They'll send you garbage paperwork too and yada yada yada. First of all who gives them the authority to pass out/name stars??? Secondly, why didn't I think of this scam first!?

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Anyone under 16 that has a social media account or phone.

Why do dead people need pillows in caskets?

Why in the U.S. have we not figured out how to NOT have large gaping cracks in bathroom stalls?

8 hour work days/5 days a week. Who came up with this and why? No one bats an eye...we just do it.

I've always thought engagement rings were strange. You're gonna have a wedding ring/band but you need to prove your love again with an expensive engagement ring? Wedding things in general are ******* weird.

Henry Ford. Because before that 6 day work weeks were common, as was working sun up to sun down.

So its better than we had.

Also Unions getting a 40 hour work week implemented.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
People accepting the marketing from De Beers and others that diamonds are rare and valuable and than paying grand amounts for these babbles. I mean they are purdy and all but most other gems stones are far rarer.

Last edited:

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Big wedding celebrations.

That much money and run around because a relationship was certified?
This as well as destination weddings annoy me.

No I am not spending thousands on your wedding. Also no interest in weird geezer dancing.

Had a niece with an expensive wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii then asking to borrow our clunker car so she could get to work.

School dress codes also seem bizarre when the track, volleyball, and dance team uniforms all seem to violate them. Maybe just worry about hate speech or something and forget the fingertip rule.

Women’s attire in general is weird. I don’t understand the point of jewelry besides my engagement and wedding ring. Heels just damage your body. No point to nylons. Especially since dresses are creepy. They are allegedly more modest yet total strangers will try to reach up them to grope you. Just revolting.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

No I am not spending thousands on your wedding. Also no interest in weird geezer dancing.

Had a niece with an expensive wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii then asking to borrow our clunker car so she could get to work.

School dress codes also seem bizarre when the track, volleyball, and dance team uniforms all seem to violate them. Maybe just worry about hate speech or something and forget the fingertip rule.

Women’s attire in general is weird. I don’t understand the point of jewelry besides my engagement and wedding ring. Heels just damage your body. No point to nylons. Especially since dresses are creepy. They are allegedly more modest yet total strangers will try to reach up them to grope you. Just revolting.

I've had this talk with my wife. Her everyday shirts and tops would be so uncomfortable for me. Showing all of my arms and a good part of the chest seems totally weird.

But she thinks a neckline typical of men's shirts is constricting

Reactions: carvers4math

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I've had this talk with my wife. Her everyday shirts and tops would be so uncomfortable for me. Showing all of my arms and a good part of the chest seems totally weird.

But she thinks a neckline typical of men's shirts is constricting
I’m almost always cold unless it’s 90 degrees. I wear a lot of hand me ups from when my boys were in middle school. A woman complimented my flannel shirt and told her it was a boy’s shirt. She wondered why men’s shirts always came in better colors and I had to agree.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

The destination wedding part got me thinking about another one.

My wife recently go invited to a wedding shower for someone who was getting married for a second time. My wife thought I was crazy but I'm firmly of the belief you get one wedding shower per lifetime. Just because your first marriage failed doesn't mean you deserve a new KitchenAid mixer.