Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
NKOTB mixtape tour. It wasn’t too bad actually.
Did you win tickets or buy them? Sometimes I think that would make a big difference to me.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I will say, if you see Sixteen Candles Band playing anywhere close to you, do whatever you can to attend. They do 80's covers but they are really, really good. They play a lot of smaller festivals in the Midwest.

Reactions: NWICY and MJ29

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
I was just at 80/35 last week, because I've wanted to see Father John Misty for forever, but haven't been to any concerts since pre-COVID.

What/who is the most recent concert you've been to? Not best, just most recent. When, and was it a good show?
Yes, very good show!

July 2nd - Kenny Chesney at Arrowhead Stadium

Made in it inside in time to see the end of Old Dominion's performance. Then watched Dan + Shay.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and Angie

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
Hank Jr at Wells Fargo 6/17/22. I really enjoyed the show. Openers were good also. Before that it was Dorothy in KC 5/522. I would say it was a very good show. Small venue, two other good bands to open.

This would exclude small local bands at bars/breweries around where I live.

Reactions: Angie and NWICY

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
My second favorite act of all time. The Zombies at Codfish Hollow 7/2. Great show. Quirky venue. We were literally 8-10 feet from Rod Argent's keyboard set up and watching him play was amaze-balls!

Might be going to see Diamond Rio tonight at the Truckers Jamboree at the Iowa 80 Walcott truckstop tonight. Weather permitting. It's free and a buddy wants to go. And I'm 6 miles away. I'm not much into country but it's something and any live music is worth it even if it's just some guy solo pouring his heart out in a dive bar on an acoustic guitar.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Honestly can't remember. Went to an east side festival in June here in town and that was pretty fun. Not a 'concert' but there was live music.

MMJ was in town last weekend but I was out.

@Angie how was Father John Misty?
sorry you missed MMJ. they are the best live show in my book. I have three shows with them next month. I'll be lucky to survive three nights (because I'm old-ish)

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
My last show was Big Head Todd and the Monsters/The Samples/Freddy Jones Band. Fun night.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I think my last concert was Marty Stuart. He put on a great show.

Next week going to see Tedeschi/Trucks band (have not seen them before) AND Los Lobos. I'm really jazzed about that.

Reactions: NWICY

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I went to see Stryper in Cedar Rapids a few Fridays ago. They played outside at a bar in town. They were great. Michael Sweet can still sing!

Reactions: NWICY

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
sorry you missed MMJ. they are the best live show in my book. I have three shows with them next month. I'll be lucky to survive three nights (because I'm old-ish)

Yep we've talked about this before I believe.

It has been a few years since I'd seen them so it was too bad. Outdoors too.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
We went to see a friend do a solo cabaret show a month or so ago at TCR. Other than that I don't think we have been to an actual concert since pre-covid and I am not sure who that likely was. Maybe the US Air Force band?

We have been to several musical's in that time though with the last one being Hamilton.

Help Support Us

Become a patron