Friday OT - Favorite Single Episode

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Oh man this could be a good thread as there are so many possibilities. If you are going with Seinfeld "The Contest" has to be in the conversation as one of the funniest episodes of the series.

[video=youtube;61zJHstzOoY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61zJHstzOoY[/video]

A funny exchange within that scene, one I had forgotten:
Elaine: My friend Joyce is teaching an aerobics class, I’m gonna go tonight.
Jerry: Yeah, the waitress should’ve taken it back.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Nightman Cometh
South Park - Asspen

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The episode of Walking Dead when Carol goes John Rambo on the Terminus compound is probably my favorite action sequence in TV history.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
My Simpson's episode is the Homer goes back to college one.

[video=youtube;_uwbIBqz3NQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uwbIBqz3NQ[/video]

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Person of Interest: If-Then-Else

24: Day 2, the one where the bomb goes off. Full of emotion.

That 70's Show: The Canada one

That's all I got right now

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
The first seasons of HIMYM were awesome. Then they decided to stretch the series for an extra 4 seasons and lost all of their early magic.

I still watched the whole dang series, and had some laughs, but they could have easily done more with less in 5 seasons instead of 9.

I hated Barney/Robin in the first place, so I hated the re-hash even more. Plus, as they tried to humanize Barney in the later years, Marshall and Lily just became caricatures of the great characters (ok, Lily was always weak, but Marshall was great!) that they were in the earlier seasons.

Still one of my all time favorite tv shows, and probably favorite sitcom.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Cheers the episode where Cliff goes on Jeopardy and loses it all in the final question.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
LOST - The episode where we learned Locke's backstory.
Big Bang Theory - The Adhesive Ducks Deficiency
Simpsons - Impossible to pick just one
Game of Thrones - Hard to say. Season 1 episode 10 at the very end when she survived the fire I knew I had to watch season 2

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Rockford Files - Quickie Nirvana (Sky Aquarian). Love it when Rocky calls her "Miss Aquarium" and tells Jim her friend could help him with his golf game, and Jim says, "He's a professional Rolfer, not golfer." And the classic line, "THAT's the sound of one hand clapping.

Laverne and Shirley - Can't say I was a huge fan of the show, but one particular episode was 100% Lenny and Squiggy. Pure Gold

Gilligan's Island - The Mosquitos (and the Honey Bees)

Leave It To Beaver - The episode where Beaver and Gilbert are pretending to be parents driving the family car and they accidentally knock the car out of park and it coasts back into the street. Just hilarious how they imitate the adults and pretend to yell at their pretend kids.

Simpsons - The Be Sharps (G. Harrison cameo)

Last edited:

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Roseanne- the bingo episode, back then who didnt know someone's grandma that did the crazy bun and hit the churches a couple times a week to play bingo.