Friday OT - Skijoring?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I wonder if the Olympic committee will ever entertain the idea of evening up the summer and winter games. There are approximately 3 times as many summer games sports as winter games sports making the demand on a summer games host city/country almost crippling. Being able to move some indoor sports like volleyball, basketball, boxing, swimming/diving, badminton, fencing, handball, track cycling, judo, table tennis or wrestling to the winter games might reduce the facilities demand on summer host cities. It might also open up more opportunities for athletes to participate in both (e.g. team volleyball in winter, beach volleyball in summer games; track cycling in winter, road cycling in summer). I know there have already been some cross over athletes, notably in cycling/speed skating and track/bobsled.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Angie

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Winter: Short track, curling.
Summer: Distance running. A guy carrying a sub 5 pace for a marathon is just mind boggling to me.

Reactions: Angie

rdtindsm

Jan 30, 2008
I think it is great the way the horses who have lost their riders continue the race. I think they love to race.

They're herd animals. They do not have to run faster than the wolves, just faster than the next horse. Stay in the middle of the herd to stay safe. Purely instinct developed over millions of years as prey.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
All I know is that every time I turn on the Olympics, it's ice prancing of some sort. I don't exactly hate any of the figure skating, but I'd much rather watch a sport that has something to see.

I also hate how *they* cut a 4 minute Luge or snowboard race down into a 30 second "highlight" video. I blame Twitter or Millenials or Trump/Obama (pick one).
vauEUgn.gif

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think it is great the way the horses who have lost their riders continue the race. I think they love to race.

They're herd animals. They do not have to run faster than the wolves, just faster than the next horse. Stay in the middle of the herd to stay safe. Purely instinct developed over millions of years as prey.
Yeah, I know, but it is more fun to imagine that the horses like racing as much as humans do.

• Disagree
Reactions: cyclones360