Funny post on CR

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I found this on CR about some guy listing everything that people complain about. It seems that after we beat Missouri people complain about something, we beat Okie St. people found something to complain about. Well I found this post quite humorous.

"Band plays to much, don't like the "techno music", people are standing to much, people aren't standing enough, Cy isn't a real bird, We look like Ronald McDonald, GMac is to tall, people left early, traffic sucked, my dog died, the seats aren't comfortable, I paid $4 for a clone cone which was to much, we didn't rebound enough, we didn't run enough half court sets, we ran to many half court sets, the guy next to me was loud, the guy next to me didn't yell at all during the games, there aren't enough students at the games, the students are distracting to our team, this isn't Hilton Magic, LE should've never been fired, the recruiting class in football doesn't have enough stars, I don't understand why after going 3-9 in football we aren't getting any respect, KU cheats, I need a nap, the cheerleaders wouldn't pose for a picture with me, my wife got mad at me for trying to get a pictures with the cheerleaders"

Kind of hits all the spots that everyone complains about.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
My face paint wasn't red enough at the Missouri game
My face paint is still all over my tub after the Missouri game
It's too cold outside
The thing that holds the shot clock on top of the basketball hoop looks stupid
I didn't get on the Jumbotron enough
They kept me on the Jumbotron for too long
The game got out too late
The game started too early
I can't think of enough dumb things to pretend to complain about for this post

GMac is too tall? Seriously people...
Traffic sucked? It's a sporting event, of course it does! Be glad we're close to the interstate.
Seats aren't comfortable? I assure you they're better than the seats in the student section, why do you think we stand :wink:
LE was fired how many years ago? Get over it
Some people...

Last edited:

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
They do, when they do that thing where they pull their one leg up to their head. They're giving all of CA some love. haha if youknow what I mean

Do you have a link to that!?!?!:tongue::jiggy::notworthy::wideeyed:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
My biggest gripe yesterday was there were a couple times at timeouts we had the crowd rocking before a time out then it got killed by some planned contest like the CA one and the Free Throw challenge were 2 I could think of. It would be nice if they could just hold off on those when that happens and just play some loud music to keep the crowd going then do them at the next chance they get.

Probably wishful thinking but I hate timeout breaks that kill a loud crowd and the fill is something that gets the fans back in their seats.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I don't like that they've started doing an advertisement to buckle your seatbelt at the beganning of the last media timeout - the time out where the band plays Fights - Sings Fights - Play Fights

I know why they play it at that timeout but could they maybe play it after Fights?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
My biggest gripe yesterday was there were a couple times at timeouts we had the crowd rocking before a time out then it got killed by some planned contest like the CA one and the Free Throw challenge were 2 I could think of. It would be nice if they could just hold off on those when that happens and just play some loud music to keep the crowd going then do them at the next chance they get.

Probably wishful thinking but I hate timeout breaks that kill a loud crowd and the fill is something that gets the fans back in their seats.

YES!!! thank you! I thought i was the only one pissed off about that! I hate it when they kill the crowd noise with something like that. :no:

CyBandCG

Dec 11, 2006
Ames, IA
haha, it is amazing how many complaints there are with any event. I am surprised you didn't hear any complaints that we shot too many free throws...

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
She got that leg pretty high up there...

Now if only she'd remembered to listen to her mother and remember to bring a pair of fresh underwear with her :biglaugh:

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
They do, when they do that thing where they pull their one leg up to their head. They're giving all of CA some love. haha if youknow what I mean

:biglaugh: Get your head out of the gutter, LOL.

cyfreddy

Oct 15, 2006
I found this on CR about some guy listing everything that people complain about. It seems that after we beat Missouri people complain about something, we beat Okie St. people found something to complain about. Well I found this post quite humorous.

"Band plays to much, don't like the "techno music", people are standing to much, people aren't standing enough, Cy isn't a real bird, We look like Ronald McDonald, GMac is to tall, people left early, traffic sucked, my dog died, the seats aren't comfortable, I paid $4 for a clone cone which was to much, we didn't rebound enough, we didn't run enough half court sets, we ran to many half court sets, the guy next to me was loud, the guy next to me didn't yell at all during the games, there aren't enough students at the games, the students are distracting to our team, this isn't Hilton Magic, LE should've never been fired, the recruiting class in football doesn't have enough stars, I don't understand why after going 3-9 in football we aren't getting any respect, KU cheats, I need a nap, the cheerleaders wouldn't pose for a picture with me, my wife got mad at me for trying to get a pictures with the cheerleaders"

Kind of hits all the spots that everyone complains about.

How about people that leave before the game is over, to get ahead start on the traffic. Hell, the game was still on the line for Clones. Just stay in your seats until the game is over.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
How about people that leave before the game is over, to get ahead start on the traffic. Hell, the game was still on the line for Clones. Just stay in your seats until the game is over.
I really hope when they change Hilton, they put the box/club seats at the top of the parquet and they block the view of the court from there. I cant stand that several hundred people grab their coats and hang out there for the final 4 minutes or so. Its re-f'n-diculous.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA

I sent Jamie an email last night suggesting the same thing. Basically give the guy in charge of timeout music the right to override pre-planned stuff like "Build a burger".

The first media timeout in the second half was a classic example-we come back from a 5 point halftime deficit, are ahead by one, just stole the ball, and we have to sit down and watch the silly bat spin