Future Final Four Sites

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
After wondering about it, I decided to look it up.

After Phoenix this year, the sites for the Final Four are San Antonio, Indianapolis, Detroit, Vegas, and Indianapolis again. Followed by “North Texas”, which I assume is the Dallas Metroplex.

Er, is it just my imagination, or are all of those (aside from SA) remarkably convenient for Cyclone fans?

TJ, make it so!

Reactions: ClubCy and isucy86

MushroomPinball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2017
I know they'll never do it, but I really wish they would move the Final Four to NBA arenas. I know the cost per ticket would increase and less people could attend but the atmosphere and game experience would be better. I've never attended a game in a football stadium though so maybe I'm talking out of my ass but I hate the way it looks on TV and the site lines can't be great.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
There's no question of convenience if the Cyclones are in the Final Four.

There have only been 10 different Final Four sites in the last 20 years with a somewhat imbalanced rotation:

Indianapolis - 4
San Antonio - 3
Houston - 3
Atlanta - 2
New Orleans - 2
Phoenix - 2
Arlington - 1
Detroit - 1
Minneapolis - 1
St Louis - 1

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
I know they'll never do it, but I really wish they would move the Final Four to NBA arenas. I know the cost per ticket would increase and less people could attend but the atmosphere and game experience would be better. I've never attended a game in a football stadium though so maybe I'm talking out of my ass but I hate the way it looks on TV and the site lines can't be great.
Not saying you are wrong but having been to 7 of them, the experience of being inside the venue with 70K+ (or more) helps minimize the poor site lines.
That being said, I moved down every time so my assessment of the experience is skewed a bit...

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I would be ok if they held it in Ames.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines

After Phoenix this year, the sites for the Final Four are San Antonio, Indianapolis, Detroit, Vegas, and Indianapolis again. Followed by “North Texas”, which I assume is the Dallas Metroplex.

Er, is it just my imagination, or are all of those (aside from SA) remarkably convenient for Cyclone fans?

TJ, make it so!

AT&T Stadium in Arlington.

Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not saying you are wrong but having been to 7 of them, the experience of being inside the venue with 70K+ (or more) helps minimize the poor site lines.
That being said, I moved down every time so my assessment of the experience is skewed a bit...
Yes, I have been to:
Regional - San Antonio
Sub regional - Minneapolis
Final Four - Minneapolis

You aren't going to see a lot of detail from the cheap seats but it is really nice to get a lot of fans in so they can say they did it. I really don't want it to get as bad as the Super Bowl where it is not available to the vast majority of average fans. I was just about as far away from the court in the Metrodome behind the basket without having to look through the roof fabric to see the Final Four court.

As a side note, I was in Indianapolis on business before the 2000 Final Four. I was scheduled to fly out before the games but I had access to a hotel room and a ticket if ISU would have gotten by MSU.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

TJ, make it so!

Helps that we're in the middle of the country and they aren't likely to want to put too many of these big events on a coast.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
This has to be coming from only the "how it looks on t.v." opinion (even that I would argue isn't too bad). I actually appreciate that I can attend a Final Four with how many seats the football stadiums hold. You hold this in and NBA arena and have fun rounding up the $10k+ per ticket if you ever want to attend.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
The best "football stadium" set up for a final four has been San Antonio IMHO

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

MushroomPinball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2017
This has to be coming from only the "how it looks on t.v." opinion (even that I would argue isn't too bad). I actually appreciate that I can attend a Final Four with how many seats the football stadiums hold. You hold this in and NBA arena and have fun rounding up the $10k+ per ticket if you ever want to attend.
I guess that's a good point, but I wouldn't spend the money either way so I just want what's best for the TV broadcast.