Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
And you're unable to split those up? The ISU FAQ recommends doing that but there's a known issue with Ticketmaster not allowing that? Like, why wouldn't the screenshots you received be made available on the FAQ page for people to see? That's the kind of thing I'm talking about.

Honestly it probably should have occurred to me to split up my family's tickets instead of scanning them all in myself, but it's just easier to do it myself than manage everyone's tech and teach them all how to do it.
To be clear, both of us can see and access both tickets in the app. Only one of us can actually add to wallet. We were concerned that WiFi wouldn’t work at the gate yesterday (we both have iPhone14) so just went in together and used my wallet for both.
And, I think the reply we got with screenshots is what they were already telling everyone. It wasn’t a new way to get tickets from one account to two phones. It was just reiterating the same old same old.

Reactions: isufbcurt and Trice

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Hopefully it will be smoother next week, and faster, and cooler! That is until we 'heat' up the scoreboard on the HJerks!

Apart from the delays due to the new tech, etc, ISU should be more prepared on hot days such as yesterday.

Things they might be able to do for next extremely hot game day: 1) Get the stadium ready now and plumb more water lines. Purchase more "misters" (were they even using these on the ISU sideline? I saw fans only?) and position them along the concourse and wait lines, for the fans. 2. No reason not to purchase long mesh tarps and use these at 'choke points' where the crowd might have to be, or wait in the sun. 3. Encourage fans to bring umbrellas, ponchos, etc, to shield the sun. 4. If legal, use mesh tarps to also shield the players on the sidelines, from the sun? {I'm not sure this is legal; I doubt it.] But if so, do it for the players (home team only, of course). 5. Yes, ease up on the container restrictions so that fans can bring as many water bottles as they please, and encourage spray bottles. This would be a no brainer to me.
#1 just write the check and I'm sure JP will be all over it.
#2 Accurate
#3 is a terrible idea and just makes it so no one behind you can see.
#4 you need permission from the conference I believe.
#5 I would bet Levy has a clause that makes it not a no brainer. ISU has rules to play by with their official concession provider.

Reactions: CyDude16 and t-noah

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I don't like to pile on (especially after a victory), but yesterday was a big fail by the AD.

Once I got in and to the front of a bar line to order in the SEZ, I was told they were out of bottled water. This was 1:05. How does that possibly happen? So now we have to go stand in a second concession line to get water after buying a couple of drinks.

And I guess I can get the whole 'no cash' thing, but how hard is it to have a couple of those horse troughs full of ice, bottled water, and some beers near the front door? For someone that just wants to grab a couple of beers, so much faster and convenient than standing in mixed drink lines.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I'm convinced ISU needs to try and figure out a way to get more North lots folks to the West gate. I think you're always going to have some issues if you effectively only have 2 gates that are easy for folks to use.
Unfortunately can’t do that, due to player/coach traffic to and from the football facility, unless you encourage people to walk around the entire stadium

Reactions: CyDude16

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Daughter had tickets on her phone but was worried because I pay for tickets and e-mail is different than hers. she called the ticket office the day before and got everything straightened out then. Got there at 12 and walked right in and was offered entry into Jacobsen building to cool off if need be. No problems. Maybe the answer is to prepare beforehand, and not be B####ing about everything. New cell phone towers really improved reception!

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Daughter had tickets on her phone but was worried because I pay for tickets and e-mail is different than hers. she called the ticket office the day before and got everything straightened out then. Got there at 12 and walked right in and was offered entry into Jacobsen building to cool off if need be. No problems. Maybe the answer is to prepare beforehand, and not be B####ing about everything. New cell phone towers really improved reception!
Just curious- if she had the tickets, what was the concern?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I don't like to pile on (especially after a victory), but yesterday was a big fail by the AD.

Once I got in and to the front of a bar line to order in the SEZ, I was told they were out of bottled water. This was 1:05. How does that possibly happen? So now we have to go stand in a second concession line to get water after buying a couple of drinks.

And I guess I can get the whole 'no cash' thing, but how hard is it to have a couple of those horse troughs full of ice, bottled water, and some beers near the front door? For someone that just wants to grab a couple of beers, so much faster and convenient than standing in mixed drink lines.
It isn't out of line to temporarily be out of water. I'm sure there were a TON of waters sold and they probably were constantly moving pallets of them throughout the stadium but that isn't easy to do with full concourses. I doubt they have a ton of extra space for holding that type of inventory and especially keeping it cold.

Did the lower level not have the beer stands on each side of the steps? The upper level had beer stands between the bars.

The "bartenders" in the EZC....woof.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

Pretty sure the answer isn’t b####ing about people b####ing either.

The amount of people who 1) weren’t at the game, 2) were telling people to go in earlier when most people DID try and go in early, or 3) didn’t have problems themselves so apparently that means no one else is allowed to complain about problems is peak 2023 society.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Well yeah it was noon so should not have been a problem. We still need to have a system in place that handles an influx of people. There will ALWAYS be lines no matter what but yesterday was different.
If we have a tap and go ticket pass, how to use that needs to pushed hard this week and should make a difference.

Reactions: NWICY

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
shame on me for not arriving 45-60 minutes before kickoff. I figured there would be delays but only planned on an extra 5 minutes.

At least Pollards message hinted that these delays should be the expectation going forward.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Just curious- if she had the tickets, what was the concern?
because tickets in our name didn't match her email and down-loading to her phone was having trouble. So she called the ticket office and they told her others had called in with same problem. They told her the proper way to do it, which they would have told anyone who called in.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
shame on me for not arriving 45-60 minutes before kickoff. I figured there would be delays but only planned on an extra 5 minutes.

At least Pollards message hinted that these delays should be the expectation going forward.
If we all get in early, I hope they promise to have a ref hold a countdown clock on the field to watch. The game day experience hasn't improved in 20 years. In fact it’s regressed.