FYI - Screen shots will no longer work for ticket entry at games

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA
Something isn’t right. I signed out of both Ticketmaster and the ISU app and signed back into both. I got the option signing into the ISU app using my Ticketmaster login. That was successful, but still no luck with transferring the ticket to my Apple wallet. It still ask to use facial recognition and says unable to move to wallet at this time. I’ll probably have them scan the ticket in the ISU app.
I’m also having difficulty adding to my apple wallet. I have 7 tickets. 2 added just fine. The other 5 and parking pass don’t do anything when I click add to wallet. I’ve logged out/in, closed apps, shut off phone, etc multiple times with no change. I’ve emailed the athletic office to see if there’s been any issues with that and received no response. I’ve done this in the past with no issues as well. Worried this is going to be a problem now.

Edit: And now it is working. No idea what changed to make it work this time.

Last edited:

troutslayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2011
I’m also having difficulty adding to my apple wallet. I have 7 tickets. 2 added just fine. The other 5 and parking pass don’t do anything when I click add to wallet. I’ve logged out/in, closed apps, shut off phone, etc multiple times with no change. I’ve emailed the athletic office to see if there’s been any issues with that and received no response. I’ve done this in the past with no issues as well. Worried this is going to be a problem now.

Edit: And now it is working. No idea what changed to make it work this time.
Well, that's good to know. I'll be persistent and keep trying. Apparently this is a Ticketmaster problem across the board. A quick google search found that it's been going on for a few months with people not being able to transfer concert tickets from Ticketmaster to their apple wallet. Same issue, it wants a Face ID. Also, it appears that Ticketmaster is working on doing away with tickets and going straight to Face ID at the venue. I wonder if someone inadvertently launched into the production app

Last edited:
Reactions: Craig4IState

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I was able to download my ticket and parking pass to my apple wallet on Saturday. I’m starting from my account at cyclones.com and not Ticketmaster .con

troutslayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2011
I was able to download my ticket and parking pass to my apple wallet on Saturday. I’m starting from my account at cyclones.com and not Ticketmaster .con
I started on the ISU app. My ticket doesn't show up in Ticketmaster. I should add that my ticket was transferred to me from a buddy that I sit with, so it's in the ISU app

Last edited:
Reactions: Craig4IState

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Are we to download the tickets to my apple wallet?
Yep, good luck. Ticket master had a old # linked to my account, ticket office sorted it thru for me. I think I'll be just fine week of game going through cyclones.com

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Yep, good luck. Ticket master had an old # linked to my account, ticket office sorted it thru for me. I think I'll be just fine week of game going through cyclones.com
I can see my tickets in the app with the barcode but I didn’t know if I was supposed to leave it there or download it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I can see my tickets in the app with the barcode but I didn’t know if I was supposed to leave it there or download it.

For game day you will want it in your wallet. Unless you have better luck with Internet than most at ISU on game day.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
For game day you will want it in your wallet. Unless you have better luck with Internet than most at ISU on game day.
That’s what I thought but I got lost in the discussion about this.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
This is an absolutely terrible idea. There is pushing electronic tickets but still having options for the non-tech-literate crowd, and then there is requiring it with really no other good options for those people. You are totally pushing people of a certain age away from attending games with this move.

I have absolutely no issues with electronic tickets because I know how to download an app, save to an Apple Wallet, I charge my phone, and know to turn the screen brightness up to maximum. From personal experience at JTS, many, many people do not know part of or even all of these steps. This does not expedite entry to the stadium at all. It will create even more of a backlog as you are eliminating the ability for people who know they don’t have the tech skills to do this to come up with the alternate solution of printing them out.
And what age group are they pushing away?

SleepyEyeCy

Aug 5, 2023
Or you have a block of 8 mobile pass and have them all sent to 1 email
I am old. I do not use technology to pay bills and etc. I have no idea what a Google wallet is because i have a real wallet with money in it and everything. I have been a season tickets holder for a number of years. I have emailed the Cyclone ticket office twice with my concerns. The irony is the same ticket office which expects me to 'learn' all this new technology stuff to access their product which I have already paid for in advance obviously doesn't know how to reply to an email.

The old saying is 'adapt or die' well my Cyclone football attendance will be dead in the future. I am the customer and this new expectation is not worth the effort.

• Haha
Reactions: 06_CY

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
I am old. I do not use technology to pay bills and etc. I have no idea what a Google wallet is because i have a real wallet with money in it and everything. I have been a season tickets holder for a number of years. I have emailed the Cyclone ticket office twice with my concerns. The irony is the same ticket office which expects me to 'learn' all this new technology stuff to access their product which I have already paid for in advance obviously doesn't know how to reply to an email.

The old saying is 'adapt or die' well my Cyclone football attendance will be dead in the future. I am the customer and this new expectation is not worth the effort.
"Old" is a mindset. Can't imagine a career that didn't change in the last 50 years. You change or get left behind. I'll give you the benefit that you did. I bet I'm older than you and I find these conversations amusing. If they were on the sui forum people would be calling them stupid and the technically advanced ISU people wouldn't have a problem. I'm happy with the ticket technology.
Social media otoh is the worst virus ever to hit.

SleepyEyeCy

Aug 5, 2023
"Old" is a mindset. Can't imagine a career that didn't change in the last 50 years. You change or get left behind. I'll give you the benefit that you did. I bet I'm older than you and I find these conversations amusing. If they were on the sui forum people would be calling them stupid and the technically advanced ISU people wouldn't have a problem. I'm happy with the ticket technology.
Social media otoh is the worst virus ever to hit.
I would be careful "betting" on anything ISU related. As for technology, yes I am in favor when it is a tool to make a job easier or to benefit the customer/consumer. I see neither in this case. I much prefer the printed tickets of 10 years ago and would pay extra for them. I am not a big donor. My daughter was a cheerleader at Iowa State and I probably do $15-20k a year in business with Iowa State. But my business is done with a handshake and not a technical ticket. As for being "old" it is on terms where I am able to be selective in the business I do and the activities I take part.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
I just tried to transfer a General Parking permit and it won’t let me. Get a circle with line through it. It would let me transfer my season parking pass but I don’t want to do it that way

Help