(G0T THEM, THANKS ALL) Need 3 tickets, unofficial visit for Cole Becker

scottmbecker

Sep 27, 2020
Hello everyone,
My son, Cole Becker, has a football scholarship offer from ISU. The NCAA has extended the dead period through January so the program cannot give us tickets or help pay for anything. I'm going to bring Cole and my wife out to Ames this weekend from California on our own dime and am looking for tickets to the game, we would only need three. I would like to find seats that will give him the best chance to experience what a game is like at ISU to help with his decision without breaking the bank. Any help or advice is appreciate, thanks all!

g4ce

Feb 6, 2018
Unfortunately I don't have any tickets but welcome to CycloneFanatic and I hope you enjoy your time in Ames.

Reactions: CycoCyclone

scottmbecker

Sep 27, 2020
I was told that as long as I am purchasing the tickets there isn't an issue, but I will verify again because I do not want to get anyone in trouble. To be clear, I am not asking anyone to give us tickets, thank you for asking the question.

Reactions: aauummm and cstrunk

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I was told that as long as I am purchasing the tickets there isn't an issue, but I will verify again because I do not want to get anyone in trouble. To be clear, I am not asking anyone to give us tickets, thank you for asking the question.
For sure I wasnt being difficult just didn't want y'all to run into any future issues. Hope you find some great seats. Go clones.

Reactions: cstrunk

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Hope you find some tickets and welcome to Ames. When you walk to the stadium on Saturday try to envision all the parking lots jammed full of loyal fans and the savory smell of grilled meat.

(I'm doing pork belly burnt ends for our home-based pregame celebration on Saturday. Dam, now I'm hungry)

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

No doubt, I don't think anyone thought you were asking for free tickets. I have no idea if selling tickets would cause an issue or not, or if they had to be sold at face and not discounted (once known they are for a recruits family). Probably prudent on seller to ensure everything is on solid footing. If you come to a game, have fun! Too bad it can't be a full stadium and tailgating for the full atmosphere.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Hope you can find some tix and enjoy the experience. Too bad it wasn’t a normal year where you could take in the true atmosphere of a primetime game and tailgating environment. Nonetheless, walk around campus and enjoy your visit!

Rockymtcy

Oct 2, 2018
Jamie's approval means alot, good for Cole.

• Winner
Reactions: Snydes and aauummm

scottmbecker

Sep 27, 2020
Jamie's approval means alot, good for Cole.

Thank you, wish I could have got him to smile in that picture :)