Gabe Kalscheur Commits

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
As a sophomore it was 35% which is okay. Need to get it back to around 38-40%.
HIs shot has looked good but it doesn't seem to go in these last two years. Hopefully, the shots start falling again.

It is odd he has shot above 80% from the FT line which is a much better indicator future shooting success than 3pt % from the previous year. His shot isn't broken, I have hope getting out of his home town, shooting in Hilton and natural regression to the mean will result in more buckets from deep. I did note that even shooting poorly he is still known as a shooter and demanded defense attention so he helps spacing regardless.

Regardless his defense, over all skills and leadership is a big pick up for TJ.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
It is odd he has shot above 80% from the FT line which is a much better indicator future shooting success than 3pt % from the previous year. His shot isn't broken, I have hope getting out of his home town, shooting in Hilton and natural regression to the mean will result in more buckets from deep. I did note that even shooting poorly he is still known as a shooter and demanded defense attention so he helps spacing regardless.

Regardless his defense, over all skills and leadership is a big pick up for TJ.
I watched some Gopher games and his shot looks good so I think that percentage can jump

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He was 2nd to last in defensive box score rating for Minnesota last year.
Hmm you seem to be right. I was watching some full game highlights from his sophomore year and he looked solid. That tweet above also said he’s an all big 10 defender. There’s also quite a few articles highlighting his defensive play, even from this year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
FWIW, Gabe broke a finger on his shooting hand that kept him from playing the rest of the season from Feb. 14th and on.

That doesn’t take away his poor shooting from last year. Just thought I’d share that bc I haven’t seen that elsewhere.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Hmm you seem to be right. I was watching some full game highlights from his sophomore year and he looked solid. That tweet above also said he’s an all big 10 defender. There’s also quite a few articles highlighting his defensive play, even from this year.
This year he had a lower defensive rating, but he was very good his first two years. And this year was a strange year with COVID.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This year he had a lower defensive rating, but he was very good his first two years. And this year was a strange year with COVID.
I almost wonder if his shooting being down as well means something was “off” as a whole with him. Hoping a full change in scenery helps whatever the cause was!