Gadsen's Injury?

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Anyone heard what exactly Kyven hurt and how serious during his match with Moore a couple weeks ago? It looked pretty bad at the time but I haven't seen any news unless I just missed it. He was really looking good lately so hope it's not serious.

Christopher C

May 22, 2020
Anyone heard what exactly Kyven hurt and how serious during his match with Moore a couple weeks ago? It looked pretty bad at the time but I haven't seen any news unless I just missed it. He was really looking good lately so hope it's not serious.
It happened to his adductor, or the inside stability muscles of the leg. Our legs are supposed to bow out as we move and his didn't bow out as it was supposed to. He remains optimistic and no doubt he will bounce back and be ready for the Olympics. Not sure if surgery is necessary.

We are actually starting to implement the GOATA training system at MoveWell, where Kyven has been training. You will find this system has it down to a science why so many athletes tear ACL's, hamstring issues, groin problems, etc. It has everything to do with conventional strength training methods.

Hope that helps answer your question.

ACSlater

Nov 28, 2012
Spoke with Kyven briefly this week. Couple things to note:

1. He is and was confident going into that tournament. and even after losing, had a good reason. Really smart man and aware of his situation.
2. Athletically, he is reaching a different level. Not only is he faster and stronger, but you aren't likely to see him get injured like Snyder and other wrestlers due to the training we utilize At MoveWell Iowa. He will be even better as time goes on.

It will be a treat watching him go for gold in Tokyo 2021.
This didn’t age well for MoveWell Iowa. Hoping for a speedy recovery Kyven.

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
Dresser mentioned it required minor surgery and should be back to a full training schedule late January.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
This is going to be a really interesting year in NCAA wrestling. While we should be the Big 12 favorite, OkSt is going to get a ton of their freshman mat time this winter. We will likely see both Mastrogiovannis. Also AJ Ferrari is going to be giving it a go at 197. That weight is going to be tough in the Big 12, and it will be interesting to see what Bastida will do if we can get him out there.

Christopher C

May 22, 2020
This didn’t age well for MoveWell Iowa. Hoping for a speedy recovery Kyven.
Yes and no. Obviously saying he will be injury free was a bit irresponsible. There are always several factors that go into an injury. Kyven has absolutely reached new heights in his training and physical condition, but clearly not recoded to where ne needs to be yet. As I mentioned above, his knee didn't bow out. You can watch it back. Studying human biomechanics and training to respect our biomechanics is a going to take time to shift the culture. Kyven comes from years of conventional strength training and it is something we are working through each day/week. You can also see he was fired up and ready to go. No doubt he would have won that match.

If you slow down every Achilles and ACL tear in football right now, it is the same pattern as a barbell squat, deadlift, etc. That is why these things happen. Kyven will learn to set the bow of his leg better moving forward.

You can follow the GOATA training system on instagram or twitter and see what we are talking about. The more athletes we get in the door that focus on moving appropriately and not getting into conventional training, the more success those athletes will have.

All the best.

• Informative
Reactions: Clone83