Galaxy S4 help

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Anyone else have a Galaxy S4? Just today the Android OS is killing my battery--it is lasting half as long as it used it. I haven't changed any settings. I have 4.4.2. So annoying. Used to be able to go almost all day on a charge (mainly using it at home on wi-fi). Today I was dead by 2pm, pulled it off the charger around 5pm or so. Went to bed thinking "oh, I just charged it, shouldn't need to plug it in at bedtime". My darling child was up at 12:30am and I happened to glance at my phone--16%. WTH? Android OS is using 60% of the battery life.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
1. it could be your battery has just degraded over time

2. Any new apps installed recently that could be causing system usage?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I had a similar issue with the S2.
Try removing the battery as that solves a lot of these.
If that doesn't help try letting the battery drain completely. Then try to power up and drain until it can no longer do anything. Then charge it completely.
I read that these will reset its ability to monitor battery usage.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I had a similar issue with the S2.
Try removing the battery as that solves a lot of these.
If that doesn't help try letting the battery drain completely. Then try to power up and drain until it can no longer do anything. Then charge it completely.
I read that these will reset its ability to monitor battery usage.

I don't have an Android but what GR8 is saying usually works for me when I'm having the same issue. Take it all the way down and let it achieve a full charge before you unplug it.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Hopefully it is solved for now, had restarted it with no luck but powering down and back up helped. Something must've been running in the background. Will try those if it happens again. Thanks!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron