Game of Thrones Season 3

mfelske

Mar 20, 2006
Wisconsin
Less than 2 weeks to go. Anybody else excited? Should be a very good season.

With the spoiler tags, the book readers and non-readers can even share a thread without giving anything away.

There are several trailers out there now if you need a little GoT fix.

[video=youtube;wfSXhMzWoA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wfSXhMzWoA4#![/video]

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Book 3 is probably my favorite one in the series. In a series that can sometimes feel plodding, Storm of Swords did the most to advance the plot, in my opinion. There was a lot going on. Should make for some pretty awesome television.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Uh yeah, pumped! Book 3 is the best of all of them, this season will be great, and it looks to me like they upped the budget even more. This season will cover approximately half of Book 3 with the rest covered next season. Going to be bloody.

There are several trailers out, I think the "No Mercy" one is the coolest.

mfelske

Mar 20, 2006
Wisconsin
Uh yeah, pumped! Book 3 is the best of all of them, this season will be great, and it looks to me like they upped the budget even more. This season will cover approximately half of Book 3 with the rest covered next season. Going to be bloody.

There are several trailers out, I think the "No Mercy" one is the coolest.

Is that the trailer that ends with the dragon breathing fire? If so, yeah, that's a good one.

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
When this show came out I thought, that looks like some nerdy show I won't like. I caught part of the end of a season one replay and then had to watch all of season one right before season two started. Looking forward to season 3.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Just started watching, and am trying to catch up quickly. Great show but so far it is really hard to follow all the characters.

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
Just started watching, and am trying to catch up quickly. Great show but so far it is really hard to follow all the characters.

I started watching 2 weeks ago and by the second season I had everyone's name down. Towards the middle of the second season I understood the interactions in the past between all the characters.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
A little preview in there of Ygritte getting frisky! Can't wait! :swoon:

Also, the other stuff about swords and Dragons and magic and stuff..

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

it gets easier. To be fair, the television series actually has a lot fewer characters than the books. In the books you are introduced to tons of characters who have little importance other than to flesh out the world.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
it gets easier. To be fair, the television series actually has a lot fewer characters than the books. In the books you are introduced to tons of characters who have little importance other than to flesh out the world.

This is very true, the books make it a little easier buy centering each chapter after a character. There will be a lot of important character reveals in this season such as the Reed's, Dondarrion and Mance Rayder.

Get geeked for a sweet *** season man, this is gonna be a wild one.

mac4cy

Jul 16, 2009
Urbandale
Can't wait. I have HBO for this one show. I have gotten through the first book and into the second. Love them also. In terms of the Vikings and Spartacus. I have enjoyed Vikings, but have gotten sick of Spartacus after the first season. The first season of that was by far the best.
Bring on 3-31-13

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
I finished the first book. It was awesome. Looking forward to starting the others. The series is great, but I followed along alot better after reading the book. As with any book, it is explained alot better and why things happen and characters interact the way they do. Looking forward to season 3

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

Trust me, read the books. I watched the first season on DVD a couple of months ago, and read the first two books after we finished that season up. About 1/3 of the way through the third book now, and we're watching the second season on DVD. The books really give a lot of necessary backstory.

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
Trust me, read the books. I watched the first season on DVD a couple of months ago, and read the first two books after we finished that season up. About 1/3 of the way through the third book now, and we're watching the second season on DVD. The books really give a lot of necessary backstory.

Spot on. Makes it even better.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Spot on. Makes it even better.

We cross-posted essentially the same thing. :) It's just very true in this case. Watching that first season before I'd read it but my husband had, he had to pause and explain backstory on tons of stuff to me in order for it to really make sense. The books add a ton of depth, and are actually quite well-written.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
We cross-posted essentially the same thing. :) It's just very true in this case. Watching that first season before I'd read it but my husband had, he had to pause and explain backstory on tons of stuff to me in order for it to really make sense. The books add a ton of depth, and are actually quite well-written.

My wife and I did the exact same thing. She just finished book 5 and we are in the middle of watching the second season.