Game of Thrones Season 7

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia

Interesting. I would love to have Littlefinger back, as he was one of my favorite characters. However, I highly doubt it actually played out that way. Seems like the writing went pretty straight forward last season to fly through the story line, not much room for twists like that... Then again that could be exactly what they want us to think.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Little finger dying was a shocker and awesome. However, I always thought he would be the one who ended up on the throne. George R. R. Martin isn’t your typical writer and Little Finger has been the smartest character and the only one who plays the game to perfection. If he didn’t actually die, that would be an epic twist to finish off the series, especially if he ends up on the throne.

• Agree
Reactions: Gordyo5

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
His death scene was done well with the tables being turned like they were. Seeing him going from a confident self-serving weasel to a pleading self-serving weasel was a fun turn.

His character was well written and acted, but knowing that there is only one season left and that the Walkers are gonna play a big part, I'm assuming they didn't feel there was enough time for another elaborate deception by LF.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
His death scene was done well with the tables being turned like they were. Seeing him going from a confident self-serving weasel to a pleading self-serving weasel was a fun turn.

His character was well written and acted, but knowing that there is only one season left and that the Walkers are gonna play a big part, I'm assuming they didn't feel there was enough time for another elaborate deception by LF.

I was deathly afraid that Arya was really spying that terribly on LF. I was very relieved when the girls actually stuck together in the end.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
HBO has announced that they will be moving forward with only one of the five GOT spin-offs that they had in development. The spin-off will be a prequel, and is being referred to as the "Golden Age of Heroes" but that is not an official title. Early synopsis of the show:

The ASoIaF prequel will take place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones, focusing on Westeros’ descent from the Golden Age of Heroes into the darkest (and longest) night. It’s still in the pilot stage, and Bloys said there are plans to shoot it sometime next year. Right now, HBO is looking for a director to helm the pilot, as well as finding the initial cast. As far as that final season of the series that started in all, Game of Thrones, Bloys said we should expect it sometime in the first half of 2019.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/those-4-other-game-of-thrones-spinoffs-in-the-works-at-1827865935

Reactions: CYCLNST8

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
HBO has announced that they will be moving forward with only one of the five GOT spin-offs that they had in development. The spin-off will be a prequel, and is being referred to as the "Golden Age of Heroes" but that is not an official title. Early synopsis of the show:

The ASoIaF prequel will take place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones, focusing on Westeros’ descent from the Golden Age of Heroes into the darkest (and longest) night. It’s still in the pilot stage, and Bloys said there are plans to shoot it sometime next year. Right now, HBO is looking for a director to helm the pilot, as well as finding the initial cast. As far as that final season of the series that started in all, Game of Thrones, Bloys said we should expect it sometime in the first half of 2019.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/those-4-other-game-of-thrones-spinoffs-in-the-works-at-1827865935
For someone who has watched the show, but not read the books, could you de-acronym "ASolaF" for me? :)

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
The 8th and Final Season of GoT may not come out until after May 31, 2019. The Visual Effects Supervisor stated that GoT wants to be eligible for Emmy Awards in two years. Some quick research by the Huffington Post discovered that for a show to be nominated in a given year, the majority of episodes had to air before May 31. So, if the goal is to win big at the 2020 Emmy's (and not 2019) then we're looking at a Summer release next year, and not Spring as a lot of fan sites had predicted.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry...elease-date-later_us_5b7b3bbde4b018b93e96beca

https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-the-final-season-of-game-of-thrones-might-not-a-1828611950

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
It's funny. With all the angst over having to wait until 2019 for the final season of GoT, GRRM continues to leave his fans hanging with Winds of Winter. A Dance with Dragons came out in 2011 and it looks like at least eight years before he gets the next one done. And will probably never finish the series.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie and srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
It's funny. With all the angst over having to wait until 2019 for the final season of GoT, GRRM continues to leave his fans hanging with Winds of Winter. A Dance with Dragons came out in 2011 and it looks like at least eight years before he gets the next one done. And will probably never finish the series.
I'm one of the people that has been waiting for WoW (Not since 2011, luckily) but I have come to the understanding that I will probably never get a fully completed ASoIaF series. And will have to settle for either the notes of GRRM or someone from a publishing company finishing it after he passes(I hope they don't do this, but can see the money grab side of it already).

I hope I am wrong. Lookin at you George. Although, he did warn us.

giphy.gif

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I'm one of the people that has been waiting for WoW (Not since 2011, luckily) but I have come to the understanding that I will probably never get a fully completed ASoIaF series. And will have to settle for either the notes of GRRM or someone from a publishing company finishing it after he passes(I hope they don't do this, but can see the money grab side of it already).

I hope I am wrong. Lookin at you George. Although, he did warn us.

giphy.gif

I've been waiting since 2012. :(

I thought GRRM stipulated that no one can finish the series if he passes on and it's not completed. I've settled in believing the show to be the ending we'll get.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I've been waiting since 2012. :(

I thought GRRM stipulated that no one can finish the series if he passes on and it's not completed. I've settled in believing the show to be the ending we'll get.
I do know that he has written down the final ending, of who is alive/how it happened/and why. But obviously it's about getting there.

It's obvious that GRRM has somewhat tangled too intricate of a web. In an interview about his process that I saw about a year ago, he was discussing his two "fans turned editors" that are such big fans that they would email into him his slip ups in storyline. "This person couldn't be here, they were in White harbor when referenced in book 1, chapter 20"-type of thing.

He was talking about what they do, and he said to this day, they come back with full pages of red markings and little things that could be overlapping incorrectly and then he starts those pages over again to complete it with no errors. My worry is that he has written a story to this point that is un-untagle-able. There will never be a perfect background in this story if you look at every little detail of all the single lines of text that were probably insignificant in GRRM's mind when writing it back in the 90s. IMO, and this is all speculative from me just thinking about it too much haha, I think that the only way it gets done, is if he just says "screw it" to a few details that may not fit just right, for the greater good of the book being finished. What those parts would be? Idk, because idk what it's hangin on. But I have to think that there is more to it than just "writers block" haha.

/rant