Game Thoughts SEMO

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
- The reversed coloring of the end zone 'Iowa State Cyclones' lettering was sharp (red letters with yellow outline).
- The Jack went nuts for Juicy Wiggle. Louder cheers for that than a couple of the touchdowns. 'Get Juicy' shirts are for sale in the bookstore.
- Little to no pressure on QB was concerning. Likely due to vanilla defensive plan, but feel like we should be able to out-physical a low-grade FCS team.
- LBs seemed out of position and slow for parts of the game.
- DBs seemed a little undersized but skilled.
- Dekkers looked confident and accurate. Did a nice job checking the ball down and taking what was given.
- RBs all showed flashes of being pretty good. Will be interesting to see that position evolve.
- X gonna give it to ya.
- The weather was amazing other than the relentless sun. Would have been a great late-afternoon or night window.
- The bridge is more impressive than I had anticipated.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I'm basing it off the commentators saying we had three FG kickers but it wasn't decided who was going to be the starter (or some comment like that).

Maybe they were wrong on that, but it didn't sound good (made it sound like the coaches did not have much confidence in that department).

I'd like to be wrong there and hope we have like the next "Justin Tucker" lol
Fair enough.

Then the announcers (Doxzon should have known better) were basing those comments on CMC’s statements from a couple of weeks ack, when he said mentioned three kickers as all looking good.

What commenters with some degree of inside info have been saying (John Walters, for one) on various podcasts the last few days is that freshman Jace Gilbert had really caught fire the last couple of weeks.

On the pregame show, CMC mentioned him as having the most live leg they’ve had—but they weren’t going to try to put too much on his shoulders right away.

In other words, he didn’t punt, too.

Hope that helps.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
- The reversed coloring of the end zone 'Iowa State Cyclones' lettering was sharp (red letters with yellow outline).
- The Jack went nuts for Juicy Wiggle. Louder cheers for that than a couple of the touchdowns. 'Get Juicy' shirts are for sale in the bookstore.
- Little to no pressure on QB was concerning. Likely due to vanilla defensive plan, but feel like we should be able to out-physical a low-grade FCS team.
- LBs seemed out of position and slow for parts of the game.
- DBs seemed a little undersized but skilled.
- Dekkers looked confident and accurate. Did a nice job checking the ball down and taking what was given.
- RBs all showed flashes of being pretty good. Will be interesting to see that position evolve.
- X gonna give it to ya.
- The weather was amazing other than the relentless sun. Would have been a great late-afternoon or night window.
- The bridge is more impressive than I had anticipated.
Thank you! I thought the end zones looked good, but couldn’t place it.

Reactions: huntt26

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
If Iowa gets Johnson, Ragaini and/or Gavin Williams back, that’ll help them out.

I thought our defense was shaky enough yesterday that we could struggle some even with Petras back there.

No boneheaded plays and we have a good chance to win.
Of course they’ll have all their guys back. Whether or not those guys are fully healthy, it’s their super bowl so they will trot them out there regardless

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I've seen people about Vance being up to 260, but I'm wondering if they're doing that to have him by a hybrid LB/DE with Enyi gone. 3-3-5 by design, but almost like a 4-2-5 with him at that size.

Reactions: isutrevman

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
I've seen people about Vance being up to 260, but I'm wondering if they're doing that to have him by a hybrid LB/DE with Enyi gone. 3-3-5 by design, but almost like a 4-2-5 with him at that size.
I’d like that for him. Didn’t he have like 6-7 sacks having that role back in 19? not sure why we’re trying to make him this old school thumper type LB that doesn’t have as much use anymore.

Reactions: isutrevman