Game Time

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Trigger is correct, it says they announce the Saturday game times at the conclusion of all the Thursday games. So depending on who goes through, they'll pick the best games for the primetime slots.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
The sessions start at 11, 4, 5 and 6 (all CDT) on Saturday. I doubt they would start a game at 10 in Denver, so you could probably rule out the first one, but even that isn't certain.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Des Moines is getting the 11:00 Saturday unless something crazy happens. CBS has an exclusive window there and there is no way they don't take Kansas and Indiana/Kentucky.

I would assume that CBS would want those two games over getting two 1-seeds in Raleigh.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I think TV maybe decides that and we wouldn't know until after the Thursday games are over.

If I remember right from the past couple years, I've found the best and quickest place to find actual information or build pieces to a good guess of information is as they update the NCAA March Madness app. Once on the app, go to scores, then toggle to the right past the first round column to the second round column. You'll notice everything is blank there now, but as they get more information, I usually see it here first. I even think game times maybe get posted on there before actual matchups. I could be wrong, but that is what my memory tells me based on the past.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
If I had to guess, assuming Purdue advances as well, we'd be put in a pretty good slot as it will be an interesting game. More interesting than the other options they have to work with? Who knows?

Don't get me wrong, I love ISU and fully admit to being a kool-aid drinker, and even I don't see an ISU-Purdue matchup as a sexy matchup, much less an unbiased tourney viewer. Maybe I'm wrong though. Shoot, if I didn't follow the standing closely like I do, I wouldn't have even known Purdue was good this year.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
No way to know for sure what time we'd play on Saturday, except that we would not play in the last time slot, and I doubt the west coast location will get the morning slot. Since ISU is playing in the afternoon session on Thursday, they would not flip us with the two evening session games in Denver. I guarantee the ISU v. Iona and PU v. UALR winners will play in the first game in Denver and not the 2nd game. Thus, best guess would be the middle slots on Saturday.