Gameplan for Late Night Kick

How are you planning to handle the 9:15 kick?

• Pre-game/afternoon nap

• Liquor up

• Coffee (or similar beverage)

• Screw all of you, I'm going to the game

• Gametime decision, might not make it to the end

• Other (note below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
cocaine-hookers.gif

Jeffrey Scott

Sep 28, 2017
Not even trying. It's a 10:30 p.m. start in the Eastern time zone, so it's good night, see you in the morning.

I've written about playing teams in the Pacific and Mountain time zones. When they start after 8:30 in the Eastern time zone, I'm out. This is especially troublesome for me during BB season. I just record the game and watch it if we win.

Reactions: cycloneML

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I'm amazed how many of you can not watch the game live. I'm 53, normally head to bed around 9, sleep around 10 or so. And I have to be up for duty at church on Sunday. No chance I can't sacrifice a few hours of sleep for a game.

I'm not saying any of you are lesser fans, I just never could make that an option. Guess I'm sick.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I'm amazed how many of you can not watch the game live. I'm 53, normally head to bed around 9, sleep around 10 or so. And I have to be up for duty at church on Sunday. No chance I can't sacrifice a few hours of sleep for a game.

I'm not saying any of you are lesser fans, I just never could make that an option. Guess I'm sick.
im the same way.

i cannot record games and watch later. my mind does not let me do that.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
Gonna need to have some coffee stouts chilled and ready, and try to hold the higher test stuff until the 4Q.

Hopefully the Cyclones are making BYU look like a laughing stock and not testing my heart rate in the 2nd half...

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
1. Going to get up early and head to the woods to put a deer in the back of the truck.

2. Come home, take a nap

3. Start drinking and watch Iowa game and keep the good times rolling while Clones get us bowl eligible.

Reactions: crs8975

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
Other: We're going to the game. I booked a room across the street the second the schedule came out and got it on the cheap. Gonna party in the hotel room ALL day. See how well that works out for me.

Reactions: CycloneDaddy

TrailCy

Mar 3, 2021
I stay up tuntil midnight every night anyway, so what's the difference?

How can you not "sacrifice" a few hours to watch the one sport we're all obsessed about?

Reactions: Cyclonsin

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
The scheduling of this is unacceptable. Very inconsiderate for the ISU fan base. I hope the league manages this better with the new teams going forward
HA! Be happy our team is in a somewhat relevant conference. If you want our school making any money with football, sh*t like this is going to become very routine. Much like the B1G playing Friday night games going forward and their fans dealing with Peacock.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
I think this is the best time zone just in front of central.

Central is great, but I think Mountain would be best.
I would tend to agree. When I lived in PST I enjoyed it for things like SNF and such allowing me to watch the entire game and have it still be before bedtime. It also was nice as I could watch football practically nonstop on Saturdays from 9am until midnight as whatever TV package I had included Hawaii games.