Gaming and Hobbies Forum Opt In

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Since there are a lot of new users since the option existed to opt in to the special Gaming and Hobbies forum, I thought I’d do a PSA.

If you are into the various types of gaming or do many hobbies, you can opt in to start and participate in such threads. The section has always been opt in because it used to have a ton of threads clobbering things up. Somewhere over the years though the option to opt in disappeared and nobody noticed.

Under your user preferences, you should now see a Gaming and Hobbies Opt In choice alongside the opt out options for Politics and In State Rivals. Sorry for the confusion of one being opt in and the others opt out, that should get cleaned up at some point.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Shouldn’t be, as long as you opt in in the preferences the forum and threads should show. Since I’m an admin I get everything so if you’re getting an error, please post a screenshot of it including the URL so I can debug. Thanks!
This is giving me flashbacks to work when I ask for this and I get a picture taken from a cell phone that includes none of the URL.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
The section has always been opt in because it used to have a ton of threads clobbering things up. Somewhere over the years though the option to opt in disappeared and nobody noticed.

People were butthurt mafia threads were on the front page. Now tons of constant OT threads are on the front page and nobody is asking to opt out of seeing 'random thoughts thread'.

Reactions: Clark

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
I can switch it when I get a chance but there’s a lot of settings and permissions I need to change to do so.
Thank you for getting this working! Opt in and logging out and in worked. Obviously not a rush but it would be nice to have it visible by default. Would add a lot to the discussions.

DanielMarks

Jul 21, 2022
Since there are a lot of new users since the option existed to opt in to the special Gaming and Hobbies forum, I thought I’d do a PSA.

If you are into the various types of gaming or do many hobbies, you can opt in to start and participate in such threads. The section has always been opt in because it used to have a ton of threads clobbering things up. Somewhere over the years though the option to opt in disappeared and nobody noticed.

Under your user preferences, you should now see a Gaming and Hobbies Opt In choice alongside the opt out options for Politics and In State Rivals. Sorry for the confusion of one being opt in and the others opt out, that should get cleaned up at some point.
It's good that there is such a sub-forum because I think gaming is a very popular theme for discussion. But I noticed that it is not that active. I'm a member of a few other forums, and such threads are very discussed there. But it's ok. I think that if someone creates a thread with a question or something, it will be answered sooner or later.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
It's good that there is such a sub-forum because I think gaming is a very popular theme for discussion. But I noticed that it is not that active. I'm a member of a few other forums, and such threads are very discussed there. But it's ok. I think that if someone creates a thread with a question or something, it will be answered sooner or later.
Spoken like a human.

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

JEFF420

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 6, 2014
Michigan
couldnt agree more danielmarks

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I missed this the first go around. I just went and opted in. Thanks for resurfacing this thread.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron