ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Fanatics -

Due to the request of many, starting Monday morning users will have to opt-in to the Gaming & Groups thread here on CF.

The reason for this is so that the countless mafia games, etc. aren't popping up on the front page for folks who don't want to see them. Participants in these games are welcome to still do so. You simply need to opt-in to the forum (just like politics and in-state rivals). To do this, follow these instructions.

Go to your "UserCP." Click "Groups and Memberships." Then join Gaming and Hobbies. Then you'll be set.

Please post any questions that you have here. Thanks for your time. Again, these changes will take place late Sunday night/ Monday morning.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
EDIT: Changed my stance. I don't think this should move forward unless those that opt-in can still see the threads on their main forum. 1 or 2 threads on the main forum shouldn't require a change for a minority on this site.

If there's a way to make the opt-in still show on the main Forum page for those that use it that would likely make everyone warm and fuzzy. Opt-out won't see the threads at all.

Set the default to opt-in so users can decide if they want to opt-out. Put a sticky thread in the Gaming & Groups forum with directions on how to opt-out.

Last edited:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Will these also no longer show up on the forums front page then even when you are opted in (like politics currently does?)

Could we split the mafia type threads from actual 'gaming' like xbox games and such?

Last edited:

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
This may have been asked before, but could the same thing happen with the CyBookies? Sometimes 3/4 of the main forum page is CyBookie events.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Fanatics -

Due to the request of many, starting Monday morning users will have to opt-in to the Gaming & Groups thread here on CF.

The reason for this is so that the countless mafia games, etc. aren't popping up on the front page for folks who don't want to see them. Participants in these games are welcome to still do so. You simply need to opt-in to the forum (just like politics and in-state rivals). To do this, follow these instructions.

Go to your "UserCP." Click "Groups and Memberships." Then join Gaming and Hobbies. Then you'll be set.

Please post any questions that you have here. Thanks for your time. Again, these changes will take place late Sunday night/ Monday morning.

Will it actually work? I know in my case, I've opted out of the politics and rivals boards, but I still see them and can post in them.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Will these also no longer show up on the forums front page then when you are opted in (like politics currently does?)

Could we split the mafia type threads from actual 'gaming' like xbox games and such?
This. I think having a "MAFIA" forum would be the best option. I still like to read xbox and other gaming threads.

K

KFitzy87

You will all join the Mafia games........ (Obi-Wan Impression)

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I think having a "MAFIA" forum would be the best option. I still like to read xbox and other gaming threads.

This or make a Technology board that would encompass TV/Computer/Game Systems that isn't opt-in/out. Leave the "Gaming" forum for online games like Mafia and continue with the opt-in/out.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I'm not really interested in adding forums at this point guys. I've done that numerous times and more often than not, the new forums see little to no traffic, examples being fantasy sports and Cyclone Hockey (we're going with these two forums starting Aug. 1 BTW).