Garage frame cover replacement

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Windstorm recently and the aluminum trim piece that covers the garage door frame blew off. Anyone know what this is called and where to find a replacement? Menards doesn't carry anything and Lowe's had a couple options, but nothing that was the correct size.

Attachments

• 37182.jpeg
    37182.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 25

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Windstorm recently and the aluminum trim piece that covers the garage door frame blew off. Anyone know what this is called and where to find a replacement? Menards doesn't carry anything and Lowe's had a couple options, but nothing that was the correct size.
Go to a garage door company. At minimum they can direct you where to go if they don’t have it.

Reactions: Daserop

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
It looks like L6 fascia trim. Menards should have that but it might be special order. Otherwise a lumber yard that sells steel panels could get it in a few days if they didn't have any. Someone would have some in stock if it's just white

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I’m not sure why menards wouldn’t have it. It look like plain old aluminum fascia trim. I got mine from Story City Lumber after the derecho but any building supply company should have it available. Menards or Home Depot are probably special order and a longer wait. Probably less helpful trying to match the existing too. Make sure you use the white aluminum trim nails when you put it up. It’ll cut with a set of tin snips.

Last edited:

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
L6 trim fascia is exactly what I need. Lowe's didn't have it and my local Menards employee said I couldn't just order 1 piece as a special order. Google tells me differently so looks like I'll head back and see what I can do.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
L6 trim fascia is exactly what I need. Lowe's didn't have it and my local Menards employee said I couldn't just order 1 piece as a special order. Google tells me differently so looks like I'll head back and see what I can do.

Not sure if you’re in the DSM area but Home Depot in Ankeny has a bunch of it in stock.