Gary Barta everybody

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
What purpose does this serve by issuing a press release at all for this? Someone please answer me that?

Even if what some are alleging did happen, which would be terrible, why wouldn't Barta and JP handle it privately, and then if anything ever did come of it, there would be an arrest and then there would be a press release describing what happened, who was arrested, what they were arrested for, etc.

But to come out right away with a press release to the entire country serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever other than to make Iowa State University look bad and throw them under the bus. It's totally unprofessional and extremely petty and lame.

But being that it's Barta.... it is not surprising at all.

Yup all comes down to Barta trying to smear ISU plain and simple.

• Dislike
Reactions: isu81

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
One or both of these reasons come to mind:
  1. Barta being Barta.
  2. Fanning flames, exciting his base.
Gotta remember he doesn't (nor shouldn't) give a rats arse about the feelings of ISU fans (read: not people donating or attending Iowa athletics or buying Iowa merchandise)
As I've stated before
Barta is as useless as tits on a boar.

• Informative
Reactions: criticalobserver

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
giphy.gif

Dial it back a little. We're basically saying you're somewhat tolerable. Nobody's holding you up as a paragon of virtue or anything.

explorer

Apr 16, 2006
Marion, IA
I didn't read through all the threads, so maybe this has been mentioned. But, is this a plot by Barta to try to drop ISU from the schedule? If the big donors want out of this game, this, as pathetic of a try as it is, my be the excuse to drop the series. I don't think it's a secret they want out of the series but can't find an acceptable way to drop it without looking bad.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I didn't read through all the threads, so maybe this has been mentioned. But, is this a plot by Barta to try to drop ISU from the schedule? If the big donors want out of this game, this, as pathetic of a try as it is, my be the excuse to drop the series. I don't think it's a secret they want out of the series but can't find an acceptable way to drop it without looking bad.

Why do they want out? Do they view us as we view UNI?

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

Whatever they do, you can take it to the bank that it’ll look bad.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

from the article:
The parent of a Hawkeye marching band member said Cyclone fans threw beer, assaulted band members, groped female band members and slapped the drum line director in the face in Ames.

I'd love to see a link for the source of the above. Where else is it published?

Thats it.. that is all there is about what may have happened this year in Ames. Then we have Pollard addressing how he hasn't been told a thing.

Then stories from alumni band members from both schools with stories of idiots while they visit other stadiums.

The media is still in a frenzy about this .... and Barta.... well played.

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014

Barta is not that smart. This isn’t meant to be funny. It’s true, he has proven time and again he is completely inept.