Garza declares for the NBA

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I honestly would love to be dead wrong in thinking an NBA team won't take a shot this year.. If he ends up wowing a few people, this year might be the time to leave. You never know what next year will bring. An injury or dip in production might completely throw the opportunity of being drafted out the window.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Well that would be a pleasant development.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I honestly would love to be dead wrong in thinking an NBA team won't take a shot this year.. If he ends up wowing a few people, this year might be the time to leave. You never know what next year will bring. An injury or dip in production might completely throw the opportunity of being drafted out the window.

I think he will get drafted. Likely 2nd round, but the draft is really light on good centers so that’ll help him.

This is a weak draft overall.

I doubt his stock will ever be higher.

Even if he has a great year next year, it is going to be virtually impossible to increase his productivity, which will be seen as him "plateauing" even if unfairly.

I could care less about what this means for Iowa... we play them once, big deal either way... but Garza seems like a good kid who has worked extremely hard.

If he can get himself paid, he should do it.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
He has a higher chance of being drafted this year than next year, combination of draft class and age.

But he'll very likely be back regardless.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Even if he has a great year next year, it is going to be virtually impossible to increase his productivity, which will be seen as him "plateauing" even if unfairly.

I could care less about what this means for Iowa... we play them once, big deal either way... but Garza seems like a good kid who has worked extremely hard.

Yeah I'm looking at him through the same lens as I do with Iowa State players who decide to test the waters. If you receive good evaluation and are told you are ready and the time is now, LEAVE. Go make your money.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

It'll be interesting if Fran is honest with him and tells him this year is his best chance

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He has a higher chance of being drafted this year than next year, combination of draft class and age.

But he'll very likely be back regardless.
If he gets told someone is going to draft him, I think he's going to leave. I think his dad is also going to be very involved in this decision as well.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It'll be interesting if Fran is honest with him and tells him this year is his best chance
The interesting thing with that is the fact that these guys are not going to be meeting with coaches face to face for anytime soon. It'll all be virtual.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
The interesting thing with that is the fact that these guys are not going to be meeting with coaches face to face for anytime soon. It'll all be virtual.
This will work to Luka's advantage. He interviews better than he moves. :rolleyes:

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
I really enjoy Garza's game and toughness, he's a throwback player. I hope he gets drafted and does well in the NBA. It will be interesting to track his future path whether that be in the NBA or Europe.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Quite honestly I hope he does leave. That way we won't have to hear Hok fans and bench players whine about him getting snubbed for PoY awards again next year. This is about the same as Tyler Cook or Isaiah Moss declaring early like they did after their Fr. So. years though.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

If he isn't viewed as draftable this year next year won't be any different.

Reactions: heitclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron