Gator Chop

CyFan987

Jan 8, 2008
Waco, TX
Can someone post a photo of Iowa fans doing the Gator Chop? I need it to defend myself from my friends who are EIU fans.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Chop or chomp?

Anyone know how it is that Iowa fans came to feel the need to do the Gator Chomp, when, you know....they're not the Gators?

Tweedt4Cy

Apr 14, 2007
Ankeny
haha so funny. my girlfriend is a gator fan and her dad and brother r iowa fans. so when we were watching the game she was so pissed that they were doing it lol.

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
If I am not mistaking, we do it at every basketball game. I just remember this because I complain about us doing every time I see it, which is every game.

rahtotheames

Aug 3, 2006
I'm pretty sure they started doing it before Florida. What needs to happen is the little baby Cyclone fans on this board need to suck it up and stop crying and pouting about Iowa. They OWN us. While we may have the lead over the past 10 years, they have the series, and ultimately last year.

Stop supporting stereotypes!!

Mowilly

May 21, 2008
Capp Timm Field
Before you become too critical of the "chomp" You may wish to know that ISU was doing a version of that @ Hilton going back to the 1970's. The "chomp", or whatever the heck it is, was done as the band played the Hamm's Beer Song". The Hamm's Beer Song was outlawed in the 1990's for political correctness.

That chomp action was as much a part of Hilton Magic back then as Cyclone Alley is now. It was really cool to see it during the Johnny Orr days.

Reactions: TykeClone

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
Before you become too critical of the "chomp" You may wish to know that ISU was doing a version of that @ Hilton going back to the 1970's. The "chomp", or whatever the heck it is, was done as the band played the Hamm's Beer Song". The Hamm's Beer Song was outlawed in the 1990's for political correctness.

That chomp action was as much a part of Hilton Magic back then as Cyclone Alley is now. It was really cool to see it during the Johnny Orr days.

I agree. I remember the ku Big Monday game in 93 in particular. I almost got chills down my spine, looking all around at the crowd, doing the chop or whatever it is, in unison to the Hamms song. I miss those days...

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006

Political correctness sucks.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
Hmm didn't know that, but does anyone have a pic of Hawkeye fans doing it?

This is one of the funniest things I've read on here in a long, long time.

Thanks, CyFan!!

Also, if you find the pic, don't forget to tell your Iowa friends that we copy Florida, too. :wink:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron