Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Enjoy.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Enjoy.

I noted in another thread that in their two wins over Arizona, those games had an abnormally high number of free throw attempts, 51+42 with 42 and 36 fouls called. Would prefer to not be in foul fest.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I noted in another thread that in their two wins over Arizona, those games had an abnormally high number of free throw attempts, 51+42 with 42 and 36 fouls called. Would prefer to not be in foul fest.
We lose if it becomes a foul fest. I don't know where the refs yesterday were from but they let them play it seems

• Agree
Reactions: tzjung and aauummm

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Lots of matchup discussion in this thread: https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/washington-st-forum.284927/

Overall it's a great matchup for ISU. As I mentioned in the other thread, by the analytic metrics they are most similar to Oklahoma from the BigXII, both around 40ish in KenPom with their defensive ranking slightly higher than their offensive ranking.

Their guard court (Rice, Wells and Watts) are all young and slight of build, I don't think they've seen anything like our physical guard defense.

Isaac Jones was really good last night - his effort and energy really led them to the win. Trying to thing who in the BigXII is like him - maybe KJ Adams or Traore at BYU - as a long 6'9" PF who can put the ball on the floor and attack a 1:1 defender. Luckily we don't defend the post 1:1 (ever) and he doesn't shoot the 3. The key for Wazzu will be how Jones handles the quick, hard double team.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
We lose if it becomes a foul fest. I don't know where the refs yesterday were from but they let them play it seems
It looked like Gerry Pollard's crew. Crews for hoops aren't conference specific like they are for football, but this crew has done a lot of B12 games this year.

Reactions: Texbudman

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
And several of our games. I think Pollard is the official that Eric really dislikes?

Correct. I thought the crew was fine in the first half, tightened up too much early in the second, then was fine again later. Overall, I thought they did a good job for that game at least.

Reactions: Texbudman