GeLawn Guyn-2011 Recruit

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
ISU has offered 2011 PG/SG Gelawn Guyn. Gelawn is a quintessential scorer. He is slightly undersized for the off guard position, but compensates for it with his athleticism and length. In order to improve he needs to develop a consisten jump shot and become more of a distributor, but he is still athletic and capable of really putting the ball in the basket. He will be doing a post grad year next year at Brewster Academy.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPTZRTjNiLw]YouTube - FullCourtPreps.com Presents: Ge-Lawn Guyn[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9MAwRXZPak]YouTube - GeLawn Guyn does a chin-up on the rim[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmlkLP20ceA]YouTube - GeLawn Guyn puts one down in transition[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1-gciqMBEA]YouTube - FullcourtPreps.com: 1 on 1 With Ge-Lawn Guyn[/ame]
You can follow Gelawn on twitter @gelawng14.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Ha! Nevermind I heard it on the bottom vid.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
He looks very aggressive and energetic. Perfect fit for an ISU arena.

schidj

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Looks like he originally commited to Charlotte and went the prep school route

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
Why not just bring him in this coming year, rather than having him go to prep school? We need all the warm bodies we can get.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
He doesn't even mention our name in the bottom video. What's our odds on this guy coming to be a Clone?

well that video is a year old. so im guessing he has changed or at least narrowed down some of the schools he was looking at. It also looks like Lutz could play a part if he is going to be at ISU.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Get him here for this year. My question is: Explain the dynamic that takes place to be called "slightly undersized" and a few words later you have "length"?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Get him here for this year. My question is: Explain the dynamic that takes place to be called "slightly undersized" and a few words later you have "length"?

Hes small in stature but he has long arms and through athleticism makes himself longer.

goldenrule19

Jun 9, 2010
Ge’lawn Guyn has offers from Iowa State, Providence, Boston College, Rutgers, New Mexico, Dayton, and Baylor. He has already enrolled into Brewster Academy will start school in September. That makes him part of the 2011 class. He is playing for Indiana Elite on Mark Adams team. Hope you get a chance to see him play the game in the Video below... Hope you take the time to read this email;

Watch this game cut and past: www.wazoosports.com/mens/hsbasketball.html
Check out 11th Region Championship game: Hit the right arrow at the Video to Scott County against Lafayette at the Middle of the page! Video

Article ESPN Recruiting:
Ge'lawn Guyn SG/PG (6-3, 175)
2011, Georgetown, Ky. /Brewster Academy, (Indiana Elite- Mark Adams)

This combination guard has excellent size. Guyn has long arms and a wiry strong body. He is a good athlete who can finish above the rim in transition and scores with baseline slashes to the basket with touch and body control around taller defenders. Guyn can attack the lane with either hand but seems to favor going to his left as he hangs in the air for an athletic pull up jumper or floater. Guyn knocked down a couple open three with time and space as well. He was open on the arc because his defender played off due to him being such a threat to get in the lane with his quick first step. Guyn was an impressive passer as he penetrated and kicked to open teammates and he also made pinpoint passes against full court pressure down the floor. His size allows him to see over traps and deliver the ball with ease over a smaller defender. Guyn is a versatile enough to be affective with the ball or playing the wing. He seems to be more comfortable on the wing but he has the tools and talent to be a play the point with game repetitions. Guyn is an excellent on ball defender that plays with urgency. His hands are active and his feet are quick enough to beat the offensive player to where he wants to go. His stance looks great and he has the ability and size to defend all three perimeter positions.

Made: 2008, 2009, 2010 All District and All Regional team, All State team
Colleges in Contact: 2011

Offer Medium
Rutgers
Head Coach Rice

Offer Medium
Providence
Rodell Davis

Offer medium
University of Dayton
Cornell Mann

Offer High
Baylor University
Mark Morefield

Medium
Oregon State University
Pomeday, Nate

Medium
Georgia Institute of Technology
John O'Connor

Medium
Xavier University
Travis Steele

Medium
Indiana University, Bloomington
Assistant Coach - Tim Buckley

Medium
Oklahoma State University
Tommy Wade

Medium
University of Illinois
Jerrance Howard

Medium
University of South Florida
Jeremy Cox, Assistant Coach
Reggie Hanson, Assistant Coach

Medium
Xavier
Coach Steele

Medium
Cincinnati
Larry Davis

To view this discussion, visit: Video
Ge-Lawn Guyn to visit Baylor - Kentucky Sports Network

New Ranking Class of 2010
courier-journal.com | Jody Demling - Recruiting blog | The Courier-Journal

Old Ranking in the State of Kentucky!
www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/2008/12/class-of-2010-rankings.html

Ge’lawn 40+ Jump Dunk! Wow
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmlkLP20ceA&feature=related]YouTube - GeLawn Guyn puts one down in transition[/ame]

Ge’lawn 40+Jump Dunk! Wow Part 2
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9MAwRXZPak"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9MAwRXZPak[/ame]

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Part of the entertainment value of being here is deciphering insider codewords. I admit to being from the world where if you are 5'10", you are 5'10".
I remember Mills, the 7'1" kid with the "killer mid-range game". I decoded that to mean, "My mother could guard him in the paint". Was I close?

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
Love how athletic he is as he reminds me a little of both Stinson and Blalock (his hops and speed). Probably dreaming here, but I could see him and Odunsi being a good combination, such as Pullen and Clemente (not saying they would be as good). Clemente is only 6"1" but made up for his size with athleticism and toughness. He was one of my favorite Big 12 players this year. Hopefully we land in a conference where we can get some of these kids, such as MWC or Big East. MWC wouldn't be bad if KU, KSU, and Missouri went as well. Would be good bball with UNM and BYU.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Stinson wasn't very atheltic at all. Strong as hell but Will was the athletic one.

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
Stinson wasn't very atheltic at all. Strong as hell but Will was the athletic one.

Agree about Stinson. I should have made that more clear. From the videos, he just seem to have that ability to take it to the rack like Stinson. He reminds me of having hops like Wil. He was small but had long arms. Stinson had a tough crossover and was strong, but I don't ever remember him dunking a ball.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron