General NCAA WBB Tourney Thread

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Missouri State didn't hit their average FG % either and still won.
I find it bewildering that a team like ISU - with a "talent and quickness advantage" at every position (did a single MSU player get an offer from a P5 conference school?) - has to hit their three's in order to win.
We take better, closer in shots - we win.

We missed those too.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Iowa's Gustafson is not seen as a consensus top ten WNBA player in what I have read. After watching Miss. State's Teaira McCowan, it is surprising to me the high rating, both by NCAA writers and WNBA scouts, given her-much higher than Baylor's Brown.

Last edited:

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
Iowa's Gustafson is not seen as a consensus top ten WNBA player in what I have read. After watching Miss. State's Teaira McCowan, it is surprising to me the high rating, both by NCAA writers and WNBA scouts, given her-much higher than Baylor's Brown.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/26243775/wnba-mock-draft-2019-predicting-all-three-rounds?platform=amp&ved=2ahUKEwjHjdTwp7XhAhXsna0KHQypDnAQFjAFegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw2ho0A3fEU3Cr-LnLH2d_Hf&ampcf=1

Article is from March 13/ESPN mock draft predictions. Not sure if you had seen this but pretty interesting. Ionescu, a junior for Oregon has not made a decision about going to the WBBA so that could also change things

Last edited:
Reactions: StClone

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I hope Baylor beats the snot out of Oregon. I like Oregon and Sabrina, but Creme's comments royally torque me, as he frequently does. No Big 12 team, nor tourney team spreads the floor? no elite point guards? I swear he hasn't watched any Big 12 basketball and has no clue about women's basketball. All the media focus seems to be on Baylor's post offense, but their perimeter defense is the real killer, not letting good shooting teams get off open 3s, and forcing guards into the paint with the trees. Mulkey keeps saying give her defense some credit, and with that, I don't blame her one bit.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-...r-primer-watch-baylor-oregon-notre-dame-uconn

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I hope Baylor beats the snot out of Oregon. I like Oregon and Sabrina, but Creme's comments royally torque me, as he frequently does. No Big 12 team, nor tourney team spreads the floor? no elite point guards? I swear he hasn't watched any Big 12 basketball and has no clue about women's basketball. All the media focus seems to be on Baylor's post offense, but their perimeter defense is the real killer, not letting good shooting teams get off open 3s, and forcing guards into the paint with the trees. Mulkey keeps saying give her defense some credit, and with that, I don't blame her one bit.
This is so, so true. Amen.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-...r-primer-watch-baylor-oregon-notre-dame-uconn

Creme is an idiot but no way will I root for that witch.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014

I guess for me, rooting for Baylor is about supporting ISU women's basketball more than anything. Big 12 wbb used to be much more relevant before the shakeup, losing Nebraska, Missouri from the league killed a lot of our traditional recruiting grounds, and losing AM hurt our reputation as well.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I hear you...not a Kim M fan, but I do enjoy watching the Baylor ladies play ball...intimidating inside presence to go along with a superb perimeter defense. I wish them luck. Of the other coaches, especially Notre Dames, they too have had their questionable moments.

I for one am looking forward to the games tonight...should be a good watch, just like the men tomorrow.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Baylor got off to a slow start but lead by 4 after the 1st quarter.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I went to ESPN app to watch and Baylor is now up 5. Sigh.