General (non-ISU) Wrestling Twitter/News Thread

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Doubtful but that would be a legendary recruiting package for NIU if it would happen. I can't help but cheer for the NIU, UNI, SDSU "next tier" type programs (after ISU of course).
I was kidding but that'd be an epic recruiting steal

Reactions: CyGold

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
What I find crazy about the deal is how dumb Iowa fans are. They are in the top 5. If they had Cass and Brands and Assad they could have potentially locked up 2nd. Just crazy how dumb that fan base is going after brands. I’m not a Tom brands guy at all but I just think it’s funny how dumb Iowa fans really are.

• Agree
Reactions: matclone

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
What I find crazy about the deal is how dumb Iowa fans are. They are in the top 5. If they had Cass and Brands and Assad they could have potentially locked up 2nd. Just crazy how dumb that fan base is going after brands. I’m not a Tom brands guy at all but I just think it’s funny how dumb Iowa fans really are.
If they had wrestled Arnold they’d be in 2nd for sure.

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Anyone know if Keckeisen and Voelker are looking to jump up to 197 and HWT, respectively, next year? Keckeisen has been slow/gassed getting back to center for a few weeks that I’ve been watching him and just curious what their offseason weights are and how they'd both do on full feed?

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
I legitimately don’t understand why wrestling media is so mad about fix’s send off. Daton fix is a really nice guy however, he has one of the worst styles of wrestling. Yes he has won tons of matches and has been to the finals 4 times but it’s just painful to watch. People boo fix because his style is excruciating to watch because people come to watch matches like Carr Messenbrink/ Gomez/ Henson.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I legitimately don’t understand why wrestling media is so mad about fix’s send off. Daton fix is a really nice guy however, he has one of the worst styles of wrestling. Yes he has won tons of matches and has been to the finals 4 times but it’s just painful to watch. People boo fix because his style is excruciating to watch because people come to watch matches like Carr Messenbrink/ Gomez/ Henson.
They also boo him for his mishap with PEDs, and the fact that he’s 26 years old.

FWIW his age doesn’t bother me. He played by the rules to be at his age in college.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I don't think fans hate Fix, Lewan, or others. They hate the style they wrestle. It is so boring to watch!

I think a rule we should have is if no points were scored in the 1st period and no stall calls were issued. Both wrestlers should have automatic stall calls on them. I hate when the guy runs the last period and the ref issues the 1st stall warning on the guy with 15 seconds left and you know he isn't going to issue the 2nd.

(Unless it helps a PSU wrestler!!!)

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
I don't think fans hate Fix, Lewan, or others. They hate the style they wrestle. It is so boring to watch!

I think a rule we should have is if no points were scored in the 1st period and no stall calls were issued. Both wrestlers should have automatic stall calls on them. I hate when the guy runs the last period and the ref issues the 1st stall warning on the guy with 15 seconds left and you know he isn't going to issue the 2nd.

(Unless it helps a PSU wrestler!!!)
You could have an action packed period with shots and scrambles and no score, so not sure that is the answer. What I saw way too much was whistle, wrestler backs up to edge then holds edge. They need to figure out how to stop the back up to the edge strategy imo. I think something like a 3 count if your heels are to the edge or something and stalling. Idk but that style of wrestling sucks to watch.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron