General (non-ISU) Wrestling Twitter/News Thread

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Ivy League splitting off from EIWA in 2024-25, and having its own conference tournament.

That'll put 6 teams in the Ivy (enough for an AQ) and leave 11 in the EIWA qualifier.

G-imJustafan

Sep 9, 2022
do I have this correct ?

IVY league conference

Cornell

Pennsylvania

Columbia

Princeton

Harvard

Brown –

NEW EIWA

Lehigh

Navy

Army West Point

Bucknell

. Drexel

. Binghamton

. Hofstra

. American

. Franklin & Marshall

Sacred Heart

. LIU

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Penn, Princeton and Cornell will be decent in the Ivy tournament, but to only have 6 doesn't make sense.

I am all for making 4 qualifying tournament about the same size. Try to keep conferences intact, but force these small tournaments to merge in some form

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
Penn, Princeton and Cornell will be decent in the Ivy tournament, but to only have 6 doesn't make sense.

I am all for making 4 qualifying tournament about the same size. Try to keep conferences intact, but force these small tournaments to merge in some form
I would be fine with that or having 6 regional qualifiers that rotate teams every couple years.

Reactions: buf87

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI

I’d be curious why? I get the cool factor of bumping up and taking a dude out, but they definitely didn’t need it for the dual. They already have a good 174 (more accomplished than Ruth). Plus it’s not like Edmond Ruth is a big name, no offense to him. Just seems like an odd choice

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
I’d be curious why? I get the cool factor of bumping up and taking a dude out, but they definitely didn’t need it for the dual. They already have a good 174 (more accomplished than Ruth). Plus it’s not like Edmond Ruth is a big name, no offense to him. Just seems like an odd choice
To rub it in Cornell's face that they aren't afraid to wrestle anyone! LOL

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron